Add Product

Search Results:

Kindle Paperwhite

Has anyone preordered the Kindle Paperwhite from Best Buy? Are they (Best Buy) supposed to be in stores on October 1st, which is when Amazon is releasing them or will they be available later?

Re: Kindle Paperwhite

Let me rephrase that last question since it doesn't make much sense. Will Best Buy have the Kindle Paperwhite in store on October 1 (which is Amazon's release date for the device), or are they slated to get the devices later?

I can't seem to get anyone on the phone to ask them.

I pre-ordered mine a few weeks ago from Best Buy...I called the store and the customer service 800 number...they have no clue when it will be a available. Even when I gave them my order number they still could not give me any more information. This has me thinking that it won't be available tomorrow. Did u find out anymore information?

I called late this afternoon and I got the same response that they have no idea when they are getting them in. I was told when I pre-ordered that they would be in on 10/01 because that's the release date. I'm very upset. I made it very clear when I pre-ordered that I wanted to make sure I was going to receive it on the release date. Otherwise I would have ordered through Amazon. I guess that's what I'll do in the future. I spoke to a manager and asked what they were going to do for the inconvenience and he said he'd give me a free case. We'll see if it happens... still has me very upset. I'll never pre-order through Best Buy again. Anyone else find out anything different?

Also forgot to add that it says on my pre-order sheet if something changes with the release date or something comes up Best Buy is supposed to notify you by e-mail.  I never received that either. 

Okay I just spoke with the Kindle person at Amazon and he informed me that they have to fill pre-orders placed on their website before they will send out to retailers.  So right now if you pre-order you'll receive it around the 22nd from Amazon.  So he said it will at least be the third week of October before retail stores receive it. 

I've gotten conflicting information from everyone. One Best Buy rep told me that their truck doesn't come in until Tuesdays, so he said that I could expect them to be in that particular store by 10/3.

I called again today just to make sure that they didn't arrive early ... and the guy said that he didn't think they had even been released yet (I corrected him), and then told me he did not know when they would be in stock.

It is a little disappointing for a company not to have any idea of when a particular item will be in. I guess they must be surprised at what is on every truck load. :-/

I'll check with my store again one more time tomorrow, then I'll try to make a decision to either wait or order direct from Amazon.

I called another location and he thought they had them in and then checked and said no and didn't know when they would be getting them in. When I pre-ordered it they gave me two gift cards that I had to bring back with me to "buy it with" I guess and I called yesterday after talking to the Amazon rep, and asked if I could return the gift cards and they said they normally don't do that but because it was for a pre-order and it isn't in they could. So I took the gift cards back and they credited my card and I ordered directly from Amazon. I figured at least this way I know for sure when I'm going to receive it and according to the guy at Amazon it should be before the retail stores. Good luck!

There's an offer floating around for double rewards points on any new kindles for premiere silver members - the coupon expires 10/6 and specifically includes the paperwhite SKU so I assumed it would be available in store on 10/1 for the actual release...

Not the case. I went into the store to pre-order per the instructions, and aside from the fact that no one in customer service knew what I was talking about or how to do a preorder on anything, I finally got someone who could do the preorder and when they looked up the availability the paperwhite specifically will be in-store November 27th.

I was kind of shocked and asked if it really said November, and it did - it doesn't make a lot of sense as to why it wouldn't be available until 10/27 because it seems like something they might want to have around for Black Friday, but at least for my store that's the hard date.

Same thing happened to me - I was told when I preordered that I would get it on October 1st. I did it beacuse of the coupon which expires 10/6 which specifically included the Kindle Paperwhite. The manager I talked to just said, "Sorry - you should just buy something else with that money because you probably won't get it for a few weeks."

I was dumb enough to pre-order the iPad 2 when it came out from BestBuy. TWO MONTHS after it came out, they finally called me and said my preorder had come in. Of course, I had just gone and bought one somewhere else. What is the point of pre-ordering if they don't get you the product until two months after it is released? Should have learned my lesson with BestBuy then.