Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

TV as Computer Monitor, HDMI, No signal

I purchased a Insignia 28" LED TV (Model # NS-28D310NA15) to use as a computer monitor, via HDMI. I had some issues with setup but ultimately it worked. Then, short time ago I had to move my computer and when I set everything up again the tv only displays the "no signal" message.

I went back and used the manual as if I was setting the TV up for the first time, I have done a "HDMI reset" as suggested to someone with a similar problem as me.(/t5/Televisions/no-signal-with-HDMI-1-or-2/td-p/69225)

I have searched for a solutions with no success. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Visitor

Re: TV as Computer Monitor, HDMI, No signal

Hello CMDeml,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

Try this:

Open up your TV's menu.

Navigate to the "settings" section.

Turn off the "auto input sensing" option.

Change the tv to the HDMI input your computer is connected to.

If it displays "no signal", restart the computer while the tv is turned on. See if anything comes up while the computer is starting.

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Sadly it didn't work. I tried on both HDMI 1 & 2.

Visitor

Hello CMDeml,

Sometimes when Windows updates it resets all settings, including display settings.

Would it be possible to connect another monitor to determine what the computer's resolution/refresh rate output settings are on?

This being a 720p 60hz TV, if the computer is set to output anything higher than that, the TV won't be able to display it.

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Jeremy

I also purchased a new Insignia 32" LED TV to use as a computer monitor. I have it setup and working now for 6-7 months via HDMI. However, it continually has issues with "No Signal" press input on your remote control, then select the device you want to view. I have turned off auto sensor in the settings as you suggested to another user but the problem still exsist.

Any help would be greatly appreicated.