Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

No sound with ARC on Roku TV

Hi, 

I have a NS-40DR420CA16 Insignia Roku TV. I bought a sound bar (LG LAS551H). I tried to plug it with HDMI ARC but I get no sound. All the settings on the TV seems OK. The TV recognise the bar as a CEC device, the TV remote can power on and off the bar and control it's volume. But no sound come out of the bar ! If I plug an optical cable, there is sound. I can even still control the volume of the bar with the TV remote (both cables must be plugged), but since the bar is recognised, when it power up it goes into TV ARC mode, so no sound, I have to switch to optical. It's a work-arround, I can do it, but it become annoying for my childs. Moreover, I want the hdmi quality. I tried to turn off the TV speaker, I change the output to PCM (instead of auto) to no avail.

Thank you

Matt

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: No sound with ARC on Roku TV

Hello mattgenius,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

For ARC to work, the soundbar needs to be connected via HDMI to the HDMI1(ARC) port and the TV setting for INLINK needs to be turned on. If the TV is finding the soundbar as a CEC device, I believe everything is setup correctly on the TV side. On the soundbar make sure you are connecting the HDMI cable to the ARC port as well. 

Can you try a different HDMI cable? Do you have another TV that you can try this soundbar on with HDMI ARC?

Regards,
Ryan
Insignia™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi Ryan, 

Thank you for the answer.

I tried 2 differents cables, I don't have another TV. The cable is plugged on the ARC port on the soundbar, I also tried the other port just in case, but the bar wasn't recognised this way. It seems that a lot of poeple have this type of problem, with differents TV brands. It may be some compatibility issue. It's great that the Insignia TV separate the CEC control from the sound. For the moment, I use both optical and HDMI. The bar power on at the same time as the Tv and the TV remote control the volume of the bar. I switched off the ARC setting so the bar don't go automaticly into ARC mode, but kept on the volume and power control. I'm happy so far. I heard that there is no difference between optical and ARC in term of sound quality. There supposely a difference when an HDMI device (i.e blueray) is directly plugged into the bar.

I think I tried all that can be try in term of setting. It may be the cable, the first cable was a 4$ one, I bought a v2.0 high speed with ethernet cable at twice the price... 

If you, or someone else, have something else to propose, I would be glad to hear it.

Thank you

Matt

Highlighted
Visitor

Hello mattgenius,

Thank you for responding!

Since the soundbar is being recognized by the TV in the inlink settings, I do believe they are communicating over HDMI. This is further proven because the TV is able to turn the soundbar on/off. Make sure the soundbar is set to the correct input, if ARC is an option. Have you spoken to the soundbar manufacturer to see if they can provide any insights? 

Regards,
Ryan
Insignia™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi,

The soundbar set itself to the ARC input if ARC signal is available. It is the case if I set the ARC mode to on in the TV settings. 
The soudbar manufacturer tells me that it's an issue with the TV's ARC signal.
I still beleive that it must be the cable, I just don't want to buy a third cable just to be sure.

It sound really great through the optical cable so it's OK.

Thank you

Matt

Highlighted
Visitor

Hello mattgenius,

Thank you for responding!

I am glad you were able to find a work around and get the devices functioning in a way you are happy with. If you have any further questions or concerns, be sure to reach out to us and we can assist you. 

Regards,
Ryan
Insignia™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

I also have a similar issue with a Roku Tv by insignia - mine will start up in Arc mode on my lg sound bar but only has sound for second and then it stops producing sound. I'm starting to think this is more of an Insignia issue than blaming the sound bar manufacturers.