Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor
Accepted Solution

No signal in s-video or vga mode with computer hooked up

I have the NS-LDVD32Q-10A. When hooking it up to my computer using the vga cable or svideo cable and changing the imput on the tv to the respective input being used I get a no signal text on the screen of the tv. I also tried to detect the tv from the control panel of my laptop and it doesnt detect the tv as a monitor. Please help as I need to set this up at a trade show tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: No signal in s-video or vga mode with computer hooked up

When you connect a computer via VGA I believe the TV will display "unsupported mode" if the computer is sending a signal it can't handle. Since you don't see anything, I'm wondering if the external VGA/S-Video on your laptop needs to be enabled.

Do you have access to another TV you can use as a cross check?

Steve.

Visitor

Finally got laptop vga to work on ns-l42q-10a. The only way I can gind it to work is make the tv the primaryscreen which leaves my computer screen blank. I cannot seem to have the screen on both. All I want to do is show my computer screen in the tv and run my computer from the computer screen not the tv screen. any ideas

Thanks

loatop recognizes the tv and messed with the display options in control panel etc for a couple of hours winth minimal success

are there any driver updates?

Thanks

Visitor

You might get more joy posting in a forum for your laptop since the problem appears to be there.

Steve.

Visitor

So yesterday, after extensive fiddling and forum trolling, I finally got my laptop to connect to my tv so I could watch movies on it.  I had the whole Mode Not Supported mess sorted.  Then today, when I went to connect it all again, the computer recognizes the TV monitor but the TV (NS-LCD22-09) says No Signal.  This I must say is mightily aggrivating and I've tried all of the solutions i could find minus actually opening the back of my tv up. That just sounds way to err dangerous and possibly messes up my warentee.  Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions?  If it helps at all, the power went out today for about a minute or two.
Visitor

Hello SparklingKijo,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Reading your concern, If the Computer recognize the Tv, but the Tv does not the computer, tell me,

The computer its a Laptop or a Desktop?

Did you change the screen resolution?

Try the lower resolution as possible,also do the follow:

1.- shut down the computer - leave everything setup (cables connections).

2.- Turn on the TV and the computer, and if you can see the flag logo of windows starting up.

That's means the only problem still on the configuration of the computer.

As I say before, check the resolution (aspect ratio) and under monitor settings leave it selected the screen refresh rate in 60 Hertz.

Regards,
Gonzo
Insignia™ Support