Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor
Accepted Solution

NS-55E560A11 randomly shuts off

for the last year, the TV will occasionally shut off on it's own. Lately, this is happenly frequently, like after 10 minutes of operaiton. Sometime the speakers will make a pop noise when the shutdown occurs. Maybe 1 in thirty times, the TV will make a very loud high frequency squeel with a duration of less than a second to as much as 3 seconds.

I have experimented with different inputs devices and no input devices. This has no impact. There has never been any evidence of high temperature. Just warm - maybe just a little over 100 degrees.

I removed the back and checked the AC voltage where the power cable connects to the power supply board: 119.6 volts. There is no dust on any components. None of the components on the power supply board show any unusual signs of distress. All the capacitors look new (no swelling or other signs of failure). There are a couple of cable connectors on the right edge of the power supply board that are marked with various voltages. Using a volt-ohm meter, the 24V connectors consistently show 24.5 volts. The other voltages are not so consistent. I have measured DC values for the 18V connectors from 14.3 volts to 19.1 volts. Similar variations for the 12V. (these are variations with time, not differences in the connectors) With a Fluke scope, I measure a significant amount of AC on these DC connections. For instance, on the 24V connection, the AC component would be around 13 VAC and frequency would swing between 20 and 60 Hz. 

Are there any schematics available for this power supply board? 

Does Insignia sell a replacement power supply board?

Jim

Visitor

Re: NS-55E560A11 randomly shuts off

Hello jim_jacoby,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

Because all of our repairs are done through Geek Squad, unfortunately I do not have access to the repair documentation. What I can offer is replacement parts, which are available through www.partstore.com directly. When I searched the TV model #, it shows a replacement power board available under Insignia Part # 123364 POWER BOARD New $101.27

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Hi Jon, 

I need a little more help. I ordered the Part # 123364 POWER BOARD that is listed in the thread below, but the part the I received was nothting like the power board in the TV. The new board is a lot bigger than the old one. The output ratings were the same and the connectors all looked the same, but there is no way to mount the new board in the TV.

The part number on the UPC lable of the old board shows 125676.

old board on top

the above is an attempt to include a photo...

Can you check this for me please?

Thanks,

Jim

Visitor

Hello jimjacoby,

Thank you for responding!

In order to get information on the physical parts, you would need to contact Geek Squad, or a local TV technician. If the part that www.partstore.com has listed is not a exact match, that part will most likely need to be returned for refund. Unfortunately I do not have any info on the actual repair processes, as all of those services are handled directly through Geek Squad Agents.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support