Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

NS-32L550A11 HDMI problem?

I have a NS-32L550A11 and i have a brand new xbox slim. I tried to hook it up through all 4 hdmi ports and have the same problem. I can play my games just fine but when i play a dvd for some reason the audio goes out. and I cant figure out why. I called xbox and insignia and though they have been very helpful...unfortunatley they havent been able to help me solve the issue. my dvd player works fine (through hdmi) , my xbox works through hdmi in my sisters room (she has a sony)..i have also used three different hdmi cables including one from microsoft...I just cant figure out how the game has sound but, on the same xbox the dvd audio would go out...if anyone can help i would appreciate it...cause Lord knows ive tried EVERYTHING lol...
Visitor

Re: NS-32L550A11 HDMI problem?

sorry i forgot to ask....also i was thinking...would connecting the hdmi input for video...and the spdif able for audio work? cause the xbox has both inputs as does my tv?
Topics: 546
Kudos: 41
Blog Posts: 3
Solutions: 203

Hello 9gonzalez9,

In order to fully address this question, could you provide us with more details?

* Is the problem intermittent/constant?
* What playback mode are you using (DVD playback, Cinema Mode, Game Console, Home Theater, etc)?
* Are there any other devices involved in your setup (wireless router, receiver, etc)?

What troubleshooting steps have you already tried between Microsoft/Insignia™?  I want to eliminate informing you of steps already taken.

Let us know so we can further troubleshoot your situation.

Regards,
Justin
Insignia™ Support

Justin|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate
Visitor

the problem is constant, it happens everytime i try to play a dvd on my xbox. im using the xbox to play dvds and it gives me the same problem everytime. great video no audio. there is no other devices other than a wiresless hook up to the internet for my xbox. also its wiered that when i use the component and composite cables everything works fine. my problem is only with hdmi. and only with my xbox. but like i said the xbox works on other tvs. microsoft just told me to change settings on the xbox, and daniel there at insignia was a great help with going through the menus with me step by step...but we werent able to find a fix..
Topics: 546
Kudos: 41
Blog Posts: 3
Solutions: 203

Hello again 9gonzalez9,

Refer to this thread and try the steps listed.  Let us know your results!

Regards,
Justin
Insignia™ Support

Justin|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate
Visitor

120HZ...?

I have the insignia NS-32L550A11 i have my xbox hooked up via HD VGA cable after finding that my xbox wont send sound to the tv through hdmi cable on its dvd player (thats a WHOLE other issue)...my problem is that i only get 60hz instead of my 120hz and i was wondering if anyone knew why? also i get like a square on the bottom left hand side of the screen that is like see through and it looks like a glitch on the game but i know its with the tv cause it happens all the time and i dont know if this is a result of the way its hooked up?
Visitor

Re: 120HZ...?

Hello 9gonzalez9,

Regarding 120Hz, this TV will be capable of such refresh rate but you will need to take into account 2 possible scenarios:

1- The image is 120Hz native.

If the image sent to the TV is 120Hz (there are not much devices capable of sending 120Hz), then the TV will show that rate. Keep in mind that most capable devices will need to be configured to output that resolution and that, mainly on gaming, although the console can output 120Hz, it will output the game's native refresh rate (mostly 60Hz) to avoid image processing and, due to this, game lag.

2- The image is 60Hz

In this case, if you are willing to view a 120Hz image, you can turn on (through the picture menu) the Insignia Motion 120Hz, that will process the image and create 120Hz out of 60Hz. Once again, be aware that if chosen on gaming, it will create lag, and that not all video images (depending mostly on the quality) will get an optimum result.

If it was useful, and you liked it, Kudo it!

Thank you,
Guille
Insignia™ Support Team