Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

My complaints about insignia TVs

I have 2 Insignia tv's in my house. Latley I have been experiencing migranes watching both sets. I tried Calibration discs to no prevail. The whites look like bleached plastic even with the backlight on to aboout 10-16. Settings on these sets are just god awful. Video game mode sticking out the most. The sharpness Kills just about anything I play. Insignia if you are listening you need to turn sharpness down on this mode! Any TV tech will tell you that sharpness should be off!!!! Any HD source is going have its own sharpness! These settings creates halos and a really bad picture!!!! WHY DO YOU HAVE IT ON SO HIGH???!!!! Another complaint is the brightness. On game mode if I high light a game on my ps3 with a black back ground it is really grayish showing weird things that shouldnt be there in the back ground. My final complaint is NO INSIGNIA TV CAN DO 480I through component! This makes old school gaming non existant on these sets, You can do 480i with AV cables but not component. Everything has a rainbow effect when it moves on this setting and a snowy back ground that changes color. WHY!!!!!!! I Have even spent money on different cables to see if that was the problem. And if A tech wants to put his nose in this I will say this. EVERY INSIGNIA DOES THESE THINGS!! I have owned 5 insignia tvs because of my budget. Instead of thinking I have a bad set, I should of just knew that these in general are just bad sets. EVERY ONE HAS DONE THIS! I am sick of throwing my money away. I took pictures to put in this post but for the life of me can't figure out how to upload them. I made a video of the 480 problem. I shot another video trying to show the other problems but believe or not my cell camera actually made the picture look better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuhDYd_rOJ0

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: My complaints about insignia TVs

Hello Arisen502,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

If you are viewing the TV and do not find the picutre satisfactory, you should be able to adjust the picture settings to your liking. I would recommend setting the TV picture mode to a setting that you like the most and simply tweak the settings from there if you so desire. Doing this will hopefully allow you to find some settings that help with your viewing experience. 

This TV is absolutely capable of displaying a 480i signal while using the component video cables. Make sure all of your connections are secure and that the source device is set to send a signal that is at 480i. If you continue to have issues with your component signal, are you able to try connecting another component device to the TV? Can you connect this component device to another TV and see how it displays? Knowing these things will help is to pinpoint an issue. 

Regards,
Ryan
Insignia™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: My complaints about insignia TVs

thank you for your reply ryan. I am very frustrated that I can not play old systems through component on this. As you can see in the video I posted what the sets do on 480i. I have had 5 insignia sets over the past 3 years and all of them have done this even after I went to exchange them. I have tried other component cables as well. Do not tell me these sets can do 480i through component. they can't. whites are rainbowed and everything distorts when it moves. 

As for the picture goes there could be a possibility that I have a problem with LED TVs in general. Turns out with every one putting up christmas lights this time of year if i drive by some houses at night some lights hurts my eyes to look at. possibility that those too are LED lights. What is weird though is if i go to a store that is displaying LED tvs my eyes are fine. Even low brands like emerson and sanyo are ok to look at. there might be something Im doing on my end for this phenomenum to keep reoccuring. I just don't get it and to be honest it's driving me nuts.