Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Insignia led 50" Ns-50d40sna14

Hey there
On Black Friday I picked up the insignia Ns-50d40sna14 , it's a 50" led 1080p 60hz tv. I recently had a 46" LCD 1080p insignia.

To be blunt it looks awful. I mainly play games on the ps3 and the picture is terrible. I tried the settings (vivid, energy saver, movie, etx) they all look bad. I've tried to tinker with the custom myself but I can't end up with a good picture. On my 46" I didn't change anything it looked awesome.

Just looking for someone that has this tv that has some calibrated settings for me to steal or some way I can make this tv not look like garbage, thankyou.
Visitor

Re: Insignia led 50" Ns-50d40sna14

How do you have the tv hooked up to the ps3? HDMI, Component, AV? You can also change the resolution settings on the ps3 in the display menu.

Visitor

Hello,

I actually bought the exact same tv but on cyber monday. I think the picture is slightly grainy as well. Here are some settings I found from another forum on here except it wasn't for our exact tv: (I'd love to get the settings for our exact tv)

• Mode - Custom
  • Brightness - 45
  • Contrast - 69
  • Color - 50
  • Tint - 12
  • Sharpness - 2
  • Insignia Motion - Low (method 2)*
  • Color Temperature - Cool
  • Dynamic Contrast Ratio - Off
  • Noise Reduction - Off
  • Adaptive Contrast - Off

I just found these settings so I haven't seen how they look yet, but I'm hoping for an improvement as well.

I also have a question about the overscan option. I saw some people saying to turn this option off. Should I turn it off, and what exactly is it doing? I'd also like to know how to save these settings once they're set? Also if anyone has any other recommendations as far as the audio/sound settings, I'd appreciate that as well. Thanks

Visitor

I'm using HDMI outputting 1080p
Dhaney only one question, for tint is it G12 or R12?
I'll try these settings after work
Visitor

I'm using the same. I'm not sure on the tint, like I said I got those settings from another topic on here. I'm going to be trying these settings when I get off work too. Here's the link to the forum I got them off of:

/t5/Televisions/Calibration-settings-for-NS-46E560A11/td-p/13347

Let me know what you end up with.

Visitor

Overscan on or off? Audio settings recommendations?

Hello, I just bought the 50 inch insignia on cyber monday. I have a question about the overscan option. I saw some people saying to turn this option off. Should I turn it off, and what exactly is it doing? I'd also like to know how to save these settings once they're set? Also if anyone has any other recommendations as far as the audio/sound settings, I'd appreciate that as well. Thanks

Visitor

Here is another set of settings I found on cnet.com for a insignia 55 inch:

---Picture settings menu---
Picture mode: Custom
Brightness: 51
Contrast: 49
Color: 40

--Advanced Video menu--
Dynamic Backlight DCR: Off
Backlight: 20
Insignia 120 Hz: Off
Aspect Ratio: Normal
Color Temp: Warm
Overscan: OIff
Noise Reduction: Off
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 10
Adaptive Contrast: Off

Visitor

Re: Overscan on or off? Audio settings recommendations?

Hello Dhaney81,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

The overscan should be off generally.  It's a legacy feature for older signals.  It created a standard border on older TV's and is very rarely needed in modern TV's. 

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

I tried both of those settings and it didn't look very good. Any other suggestions ?
Visitor

I like the cnet settings, or the 2nd set of setting I posted. I think you're expecting a Samsung or Vizio like quality or sharpness. That's not going to happen, and also why those tv's at 50 inches cost $200-$300 more than the Insignias. If you end up finding settings you like, let me know.