Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Re: Insignia TV Remote Control Codes – Official Thread

Clint,

I've already been down the road of checking the support tab and entering my TV model.  It had two Dish remotes, but they are different models and their code, 720, did not work for me.

Visitor

What Dish model do you have?
Visitor

IR/UHF PRO model Dish remote.

Visitor

Thanks. I'll see what I can find out.

Have you tried programming your remote using the "device scan" feature? It can be found on page 13 of the user's guide.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/user_guides_and_manuals/remotes/IR-to-UHFProUpgradeKit13232...

Highlighted
Visitor

Thanks for the effort.

I had already tried the scan search unsuccessfully, but tried again following the guide specifically for the remote that you linked.  I tried the up arrow until my finger tired and then the down arrow continually, but the TV never shut off, nor did I get to the point of the 8 flashes indicating the end of the codes.

Guess I live with two remotes.  Wish had known before buying the Insignia brand TV.

Visitor

I have escalated this issue to our Engineering team and they are working to verify the right code for your remote. There are 51 possible codes for the remote you own, which could explain why your thumb got tired during manual scanning! Check back in a day or two for our response. 

I was able to verify that 720 is the proper code for the Dish remotes that we have tested and that are listed on our site.

Visitor

Visitor

Exactly my remote.  Checked the link to Amazon and number and picture match.
Visitor

Don,

Please check the posting in this string from Kstuff. It appears that the 8042 code will work with your Sony remote.

We have also verified that the 720 code will work for the Dish Network remotes listed on our product detail pages. However, there are several customers experiencing problems with other Dish Network remotes. We are currently working through the approximately 50 additional codes that could possibly work with these remotes. We expect to post further updates in the near future. In the interim, please try the "device scan" feature on your remote to troubleshoot. Instructions can be found in the Dish Network user manual.

Thanks for using the Insignia Community Forum.

Clint

Hi all,

I just got the Insignia NS-L42Q-10A. I have the Time Warner Cable remote UR5U-8700L-TWY and no matter hot many times I try to do a code search, it does not work. Please tell me the code! I'll be watching ths thread for updates.

Thank you much.