Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Insignia NS-PDP50 Plasma TV - No sound when I connect thru DVI

When I connect from DVI into HDMI1 (DVI) in TV I see picture fine. I have audio coming out of line out on PC into RGB/DVI sound in. But I hear no sound.

If I disconnect HDMI1 in tv picture goes black but sound works! As soon as I plug HDMI1 back in sound goes away but I see picture.

I tried hooking head phones up to line out on PC and hear sound that way as well.

I think for some reason this TV thinks sound is coming in through HDMI but it is not. Anybody have an idea how I can get picture and sound at same time? I do NOT want to use VGA in.

Visitor

Re: Insignia NS-PDP50 Plasma TV - No sound when I connect thru DVI

Hi,

I just have a couple of questions to you that may aid to clearify this issue:

1 - Can you be more specific about the Video card that you are using (Brand, Model, Etc.)?

2 - By any chance you know the HDMI standard of the VGA card and the HDMI cable that you are using?

3 - Is there a chence that you may have to configure the audio output of the connected device to send sound trough the PCLine output?

Thanks,

Matias.

Re: Insignia NS-PDP50 Plasma TV - No sound when I connect thru DVI

I have resolved my issue and it MUST be HDMI compatibility. My motherboard has onboard GeForce 6150 video through DVI. This would give me sound problems on my westinhouse LCD so I bought Geforce EN8400GS video card. Funny thing is the insignia does not work with Geforce EN8400GS video card but works fine with onboard Geforce 6150 video (MSI K8NGM2-FID). Funny how each monitor is incompatible with the other video card. (Each has same problem with no sound)

As far as sound coming out of line-out it did come out, I verified with head phones. For some reason the Insignia thinks it should be coming out of HDMI with the EN8400GS. I am all set for now. The onboard 6150 video works fine.

Who ever wrote these HDMI standards must have left a lot of wholes or something.