Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor
Accepted Solution

Insignia NS-LCD32-09 HDMI / PC issue.

Fun problem,  got a freshly formatted PC (Windows XP SP3) with an ATI Radeon HD 4650 video card.  I connect the TV to the PC via an HDMI cable, and I have the most current ATI drivers (with catalyst control center) installed.

When I turn on the TV the PC doesn't detect it anymore (it used to, but I didn't have it connected for 4-5 months and now it's giving me a No Signal error).

I can force-detect the TV through the CCC software, but I can't enable it, either via the catalyst control center or by the windows xp display options.  Also, when I try to enable the display it still doesn't display a picture, even when trying to enable it as a secondary monitor.

I've tried multiple drivers, as well as different resolutions but the resolutions won't stick (as soon as I apply it defaults back to 8-bit color and 640x480 resolution).

Any suggestions / help?

Re: Insignia NS-LCD32-09 HDMI / PC issue.

That is an odd problem.  I can only suggest a few things as I’m not familiar with the CCC (Nvidia user here).   By the way, full specs on the PC would be nice if you can post them.

Did you disable the onboard video in BIOS?   I believe the option should be set to PEG but not positive.  If you can’t disable the onboard in BIOS you can disable it in Windows Device Manager.

What kind of cable is it and where is it connected on the GPU?  HDMI, HDMI TO DVI, HDMI with a DVI dongle?  First or second DVI slot (I’m assuming DVI since the card I saw has two DVI outputs) and have your tried swapping which port is primary output?

Have you tried using the VGA input?  The card should have come with a DVI to VGA dongle.

When you tried different drivers which drivers did you try?  How did you install the other drivers?  Did you uninstall the newer drivers and then try to install the others or did you just install them over the original drivers?  You really should try to remove drivers before installing different ones.

Is there an option in CCC to set to a HD Resolution (ex:  720P as opposed to 1024x768) or are you trying to do it manually?   Don’t know if you’re able to do it when you force detect.

Are any of the ‘Advanced Video Settings’ in the Function menu turned on?  If so turn them off.

Have you tried using a different HDMI input on the TV?

Do you have another source that has HDMI that you can use to check the TV?

Hope one these help’s you out.   If they don’t, please reply back, be sure to put in specs on everything, including manufacturer.  Good luck.

Visitor

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. 

I have discovered the resolution for this problem (to much wailing and knashing of teeth) and it boils down to unplugging the LCD monitor I had plugged in (as well as the TV) from the VGA slot, and letting the PC run on only the TV.

The issue seems to be related to the ATI video card as opposed to the TV.

One other question though:  my video card doesn't seem to want to port audio through the HDMI cable port, is there any way (via a firmware update perhaps) that would allow me to choose seperate sources for audio and video channels on the Insignia TV?  Right now the menu is the default one that the TV came with, and there is no option for multiple sources.

Thanks,

~Tony

I don't believe there is a way to assign audio to different inputs.

Give this a try:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1029603#EnablingHDMIAudio

Visitor

Thanks much!  I'll give this a try Smiley Very Happy