Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

Insignia NS-32D20SNA14 Audio issue

1. I don't understand why my TV won't allow me to change the audio MTS/SAP to Stereo or anything else besdies Mono (other options are grayed out). I am experiencing the same problem whether I use TV (analogue) settings connected via a coaxial to cable (without any box), or when I use an HDMI cable connecting my laptop to the TV; the option to switch TV sound to stereo or SAP is grayed out regardless. I've attempted changing to stereo on all the channels provided to no avail.

2. One of the channels I have (TLC) has perfect picture quality but no sound output whatsoever neither the option to change from mono to stereo quality.

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Insignia NS-32D20SNA14 Audio issue

Hello ProVII,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

What we have discovered is that usually in this case, the message on the screen is misleading.   The TV detects the signal as mono and passes it through even though it is really in stereo. 

For the TLC channel, when you hit the SAP button on that channel, doe sanything change?

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not so sure it is misleading, I've always felt that the sound wasn't in stereo; but if you say so. And yes I've went through all channels attempting to change the sound output to stereo by menu and by the MTS/SAP button but nothing happened.

Highlighted
Visitor

Hello ProVII,

Is the source a cable box hooked up via HDMI or coaxial? The MTS/SAP button will cycle through available sound sources, if the others are greyed out it's a possibility the cable box is set to only send in mono. I would check to see if the cable box has some sort of setting with the sound output.

Also, has it ever worked correctly with this setup?

and one more thing, try hooking up an antenna and scanning for antenna channels, then see if you can press the button and cycle between the incoming sound sources. This would prove that the TV is functioning correctly and that something attached might be the issue.

Edit: I just saw that you tried your laptop with an HDMI cable and coaxial straight from the wall with the same result. I still recommend trying the Antenna approach though.

Edit 2: Please go into your Menu > Audio > then make sure the "Digital Audio/SPDIF" setting is set to "RAW" and that the "TV Speakers" are set to "On" (I'm sure they are, but just making sure)

Regards,
Josh
Insignia™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have no cable box, it is only a coaxial. I haven't tried anything else beyond, as I have no antenna nor cable box.

The TV Speakers are ON, however the Digital Audio/SPDIF setting is completely grayed out and locked to PCM when using coaxial. Although when connected to my laptop via HDMI the option is not grayed out and is set to RAW, I've also tried setting it to PCM but with no avail in both cases.

Highlighted
Visitor

Hello ProVII,

Has this always been the case that it's done this? Or has the TV worked before?

Also, the Digital Audio should be grayed out and set to PCM like yours is.(Apologies, was looking at the wrong part in the manual)

Regards,
Josh
Insignia™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Considering I got the TV recently, this has been the issue since I got it.

Highlighted
Visitor

Hello ProVII,

Since this has been happening since you received the TV, your TV does have a 1 year warranty and I'm going to recommend if you are within that timeframe from the date of purchase that you take your Best Buy purchase receipt and your TV to your local Best Buy Geek Squad counter for the possibility of warranty. They will be able to figure out what your issue is (free of charge if you are within warranty).

(If you do take it in for warranty work, I would like to know what the issue was)

Regards,
Josh
Insignia™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Thanks, will let you know when I do.