Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Insignia 58" fire TV edition intermittent audio issues

There's nothing to "look further". You guys should acknowledge that there's an issue with this specific model/series. You're treating as if we all have different issues or root causes. It is just on the plain sight!

Insignia 32 inch NS-32D220NA20 sound issue

I bought this TV back during black Friday online and picked up in store. Did not set it up for a month or so. Once set up and playing it began having sound issues. Crackles/pops/static type noise every couple of minutes followed by a very loud continuous buzzing noise. The only thing plugged into this TV is a firestick. I tried two different kinds and same issue.

I am facing the same exact problem and tried to restart my TV so many times thinking it will fix the issue after restart. But the problem keeps reoccurring and my sound keeps giving up regardless of which channel i am playing. It happens with Youttube, netflix, prime video, sling, pluto. 

So update the squad came to my house on the 22nd they came to install the new motherboard the sound issue anyway well me and the geek squad tech we’re testing the tv turns out he put the wrong motherboard in from another model so now tv takes forever to download stuff on WiFi even tho the apps on the tv are very quick to load videos. Also have little glitches here and there until they bring the correct one So now I have to wait for them to come again this week to install the correct mother board. This whole experience is crazy.

Yes, having the same issue on the 58 inch Fire TV Insignia. I have a whole thread at Amazon support forums below. Geek Squad is coming to my house tomorrow and they already sent a board to me. They are replacing the mainboard but my cousin in Tennessee has the same TV and the SAME ISSUE! So this is NOT a hardware issue but software.Ine started after the last update! I will never buy an Insignia product ever again!

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P000073Mq84SAC/insignia-58-fire-tv-uhd

Whoops, that was the link to a new person who posted the same issue in the Amazon support forums. Here is my thread:

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P0000718WX1SAM/insignia-58-fire-tv-audio-issues?t=1580449...

Ok, after the Geek Squad guy came and installed the new mainboard the tv is working good. But it updated to the newest version (Fire OS 6.2.6.9 (NS6269/2372) which has been the catalyst for everyone's woes it seems. Also my cousin has the same 58 inch TV and his got the update a couple weeks ago but it only just started experiencing the audio issues.

So after the install my TV now thinks it's a 55 inch, lol. They must have sent the wrong board. They sent me the 55 inch board instead of the 58 inch one. So my 58 inch NS-58DF620NA20 now shows up as a 55 inch as NS-55DF710NA19! I'm hoping there is no long term effects or other odd side effects from this. I have gotten a few "system components" updates and I was hoping that these would fix these headphone speakers off bug. But everyone who has this issue needs to call Insignia and report it so the engineering team can work on a fix (and be notified) at 1-877-467-4289. I'll post back Inna few days and let you know how it's going. Maybe I'm ok now that my TV thinks it's a 55 inch?!

5th

They did the same with me ordered the wrong mother board. So it was downloading slow. How can I check if the new mother board them came and installed yesterday (2nd mother board they have came to my house and installed) is the correct one. Like how did you get to know that your tv thinks it’s a 55inch.

Go to the "settings" , then "device and software" , next click "about" and then you'll be on "your TV" already. You'll see your "model" info. Is should be Insignia blah blah blah 58 blah black 20 (for 2020 model). Eg: "So my 58 inch NS-58DF620NA20 now shows up as a 55 inch as NS-55DF710NA19!" The number 50 55 or 58 is the size and at the end it says 18, 19 or 20 to denote the TV model year. The 55s are still a 2019 tv but then 58 was a 2020 model year (think the way they sell cars). Just match your model to the actual TV model you have if you are confused.

Ohbandbthebwifi chip is separate of the fire board. This TV has three main boards, power, logic, and fire TV board (with inputs etc). There is also a tiny wifi board but it hooks to the fire board via a wire. So even if they sent the wrong board you should have the same wifi chip but maybe if the new board had lower ram and processor it could run slower, but usually not as these 4k models are really fast professor wise. My old Samsung Galaxy S8+ can't even do 4k HDR but this device does it easily so it shows how powerful these little "computers" really are. 👍🏻