Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Ingignia 42" TV won't recognize HDMI from laptop

Hello,

A few days ago, I moved my TV (which I've had for a while) from console gaming over to my desk by my laptop.  I bought a brand new HDMI cable, and plugged it in.  No go.  It took a while, but I got my laptop to recognize there was a second display.  Only, my TV won't recognize there's an HDMI plugged in to HDMI 2 port.  I press input on my remote, and it shows me the options, but I cannot select them.

Is there something I'm missing with this?

Visitor

Re: Ingignia 42" TV won't recognize HDMI from laptop

Insignia. >_>

Visitor

Hello Arariel,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

Our TV's use an input sensor, that will only activate the input if the TV sees a valid active signal coming from the source device. You can disable the Auto Input sensor within the TV settings, but if the TV is not seeing enough signal coming from the Computer, when you force it to change over it will just show a No Signal message.

What is the Model # for your TV? It should start with a NS-.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi Jon,

It doesn't tell me/show a 'no signal' message, it just tells me to do channel scan.

I have no idea what the model number is, or where to find it.

Visitor

Hello Arariel,

Thank you for responding!

Once you have the HDMI cord plugged in, and the computer powered on and sending signal, you then need to press the Input button and select the HDMI # that corresponds with where you plugged the cord into the tv.

The Model # will be on a sticker on the back of the television, and it will be NS- and your screen size.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Hi Jon,

Please re-read my opening post.  Once the HDMI is plugged in, I check the input section on my tv.  The options are there, but I cannot select them.  It's as if the TV doesn't recognize there is a HDMI plugged in.

I could not find the number needed.  I looked in the back, nothing starting with  NS. 

Visitor

Jon,

I did find the NS number on my remote controller for the TV.  Would that work?

If so:  NS-RC01A-12

Visitor

Hello Arariel,

At this point, we need to verify the port on the TV is functioning. You will need a separate piece of HDMI equipment. If you connect a separate piece of equipment, and it shows, there is something on the Computer that is not enabling and sending active signal out that cord. If the separate source does not show signal, the HDMI port on the TV may need reviewed for repair options.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Hi Jon,

Unfortunately, this means it's my laptop not sending a signal, as I've tried HDMI 1 and HDMI 2, neither got results.

Visitor

Hello Arariel,

Try a separate source device like a Cable Box, Bluray player, or a game console that uses HDMI. If the TV gets signal from that it will clarify that the ports on the TV are working, and that you just need to find the settings necessary on the computer to force it to send active signal out.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support