Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Get white blotches when watching TV

Good Afternoon.

I recently was given a NS-P42Q-10A Plasma TV from my Brother. He upgraded his TV and did not have hte need for it. When I brought it home and hooked it up i get white blotchiness in peoples faces, walls, ect.Plasma TV picI attached photo. If anyone has any idea what this could be I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Mike

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Get white blotches when watching TV

Hello Areas51,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

Try doing the picture settings reset, and see if the TV may have the contrast set to high. Are you getting the blotches from multiple source devices, or just one source?

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

I get it from every source. I have already tried to reset the picture settings with no improvement. I have also tried messing with the all picture settings ie contrast, brightness ect. with no improvement. My fiance told me that it also randomly changes the channel and shuts on and off by itself,changes the channel by itself. I do not have a remote for it so that is not it. I have a picture of it but it doesnt seem to show in my post. The picture kind of looks 3D looking or cartoony like if that makes any sense.

Thanks,

Mike

Visitor

Hello Areas51,

Thank you for responding!

With the issue showing from multiple sources, and you already having covered the reset and settings adjustment angle, that does unfortunately imply a physical fault that may continue at the same level, or may gradually get worse over time. That puts you into a position of repair or replacement, depending on which is more cost effective at that point.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Ok I understand that. I am pretty technical so do you have any idea what would cause that issue? I do IT for a living so replacing parts is not a concern for me. Just need to get an idea of what it could be.

Thanks,

Mike

Visitor

Hello Areas51,

Thank you for responding!

Unfortunately, I do not. Because Geek Squad handles all of our Warranty Servicing, they are the ones with both the On Hand experience, and Diagnostic Workflows. Because they normally charge for diagnostics if outside of warranty, you may be best served by checking with local repair shops that may offer Free Estimates.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support