Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor
Accepted Solution

Connecting NS-24D510NA15 to a Philips Blu Ray player

I have a NS-24D510NA15 and connected it to a Philips Blu Ray (BDP2205) via HDMI.

When I start up the Blu Ray player I see the start up screen but the it does black.  A couple times the tv showed an error such as unusable signal or something of that sort.

I checked for a firmware update for the tv and was unable to locate one.

Visitor

Re: Connecting NS-24D510NA15 to a Philips Blu Ray player

Unsupported mode is the error that comes up on the tv screen.

Visitor

Hello Pahtrose,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

It sounds like once the Player finishes booting, it changes how it is sending the signal out. I see that the player is 3D, which this TV will not support. Did you have this player connected to a 3D TV previously, that it may still be defaulting to that display type?

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

This player was not hooked up to any other tv's before this one.  I will see if I can get the player hooked up to a different tv and adjsut that output

Visitor

Do you have a suggestion of a Bluray player with wifi capabilities that would work with this model tv?

Visitor

In contact with Philips and they said it was not a 3d capable bluray player.  

Visitor

Hello Pahtrose,

Thank you for responding!

I'm not sure which of their models I clicked on the first time, but upon looking at it again I see that is correct, and apologize. At this point we know the TV can work with the Bluray, but once it boots something in the signal changes. When you are turning the player on, do you already have a disc loaded in? Try starting the player with no disc loaded, and see if the onscreen menu shows. In reviewing the specs for the player, the only thing I see that is strange is one of the lower resolutions, but I don't think that would be causing this issue. Another thing to check, are you getting any audio?

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support