Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Color is usually incorrect in picture. Model NS-39L700A12

The color in the picture on my Insignia LCD TV Model NS-39L700A12 is incorrect. It is hard to explain without a photo but its like I turned up the color setting all the way up. I bought it about 3 years ago. It started doing this about 2 years after I bought it. The picture occassionally fixes itself which leads me to believe it might be hardware related, which I assume will probably make it impossible for me to fix it. 

The problem occurs for all video sources (TV, video games, DVD player) so it isn't related to a particular source or input. 

I have clicked "Reset Picture Settings" I have adjsuted all of the picture modes and settings. At this point I am not sure what to do. I'm not sure if a firmware update will fix it since it is a problem that occassionally fixes itself.

Any help will be appreciated. At this point it is not watchable but I cannot afford to replace it. 

Thanks.

Mike

Visitor

Re: Color is usually incorrect in picture. Model NS-39L700A12

Hello mikemac83,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

It does sound like a hardware fault may be developing. If you do a power reset, which is unplugging the TV, and then while its unplugged holding down the power button on the TV for 30+ seconds, then letting go and plugging back in. Once it boots back up, are the colors normal to begin with, or are they distorted? Another thing to check is the vents that allow the warm air out. If the air coming out seems overly warm, you may try (while unplugged) blowing the TV out with canned air to see if there may be accumulated dust insulating the circuit boards and causing excessive heat.
If neither of these options make any difference the circuit board may have a faulty component which would require physical repair.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Thanks for the quick response Jon. I just performed the power reset you mentioned but unforntunately there was no change to the color. 

The temperature around the TV feels normal. The TV is in a room that has a stable room temp and doesn't get dusty.

Do you have any idea how I could get this looked at? Would Best Buy look at it? How much would that cost?  I belive I paid about $400 so it wouldn't make much sense to pay too much to have this fixed.

Thanks.

Mike

Visitor

Hello mikemac83,

Thank you for responding!

This size TV would be able to be taken into the store, but there is a diagnostic charge. I would suggest checking with local repair shops for a free estimate, and then comparing against new prices. With the price of a new set, plus warranty period, it is usually more cost effective to replace than repair.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support