Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Closed Caption just appeared and won't shut off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was watching a show from my DVR.  I paused it to leave the room for a minute, when I returned and unpaused the show, there was closed captioning.  The original remote was not touched as it is in a drawer.  Now I can't get the closed captioning to turn off.  When I press the CCD button on the tv, I get a red circle with a line through it!  Please help as this is VERY annoying!

Visitor

Re: Closed Caption just appeared and won't shut off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello flpeanut,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

If you are pressing the CCD button on the Insignia remote and showing the Prohibited(Circle crossed out) that means the TV is not displaying the Closed Caption, and you will want to look for a equivelant button on your DVR remote. It may be labeled CCD, CC, or some similar variation.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

That worked!  I had to hit a number of buttons to correct it, so I don't know how it happened in the first place, but all is good now!  Thank you!

Visitor

tyied CCD

Visitor

I typed CCD an nothing happened.

Visitor

pushed C on remot for box and that di it.  Thanks

gail1

Visitor

I have tried everything in the manual and everything shown on this site and NOTHING works. in tv mode in settings closed caption shows off but Analog Caption shows CC! and digital caption is grayed out but shows digital caption is CS1.I do have it connected to my xbox 360 but can't find anything that would control closed captioning on my tv. Please help this is making my family nuts.

Visitor

Hello murraym9107,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

Can you provide the model number for the TV? It should start with NS-.

How does the Xbox connect to the TV? When do you see the captioning? In Netflix or other apps? During gameplay?

The TV is only in control of the captioning if your device connects with a coaxial cable, which an Xbox cannot do. This means that the captioning is being controlled by the Xbox. You would need to turn the captioning off in the Xbox settings, probably inside of whatever app you are using. 

Regards,
Ryan
Insignia™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor