Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

BRAND New NS-50D550NA15 slight ghosting problem watching a DVD

Finally got my new NS-50D550NA15  connected to my 1080 Toshiba DVD ..used the HDMI connection using a VIZIO 8 foot HDMI cable extreme slim cable rated at 18Gbps.   I was watching The Aviator movie last night and noticed sometimes during close ups on peoples faces the picture kinda "lagged" a little bit. Not really bad, but noticeable. Would a higher quality HDMI

cable like Monster offers fix this problem ?  Those are pretty expensive if your looking for something faster than 18Gbps

Visitor

Re: BRAND New NS-50D550NA15 slight ghosting problem watching a DVD

Nobody responded to my question, but I kept trying stuff and fixed my problem, thought others might like to know my results. 

My original question was: will the HIGH $$$ Monster Black platnimum HDMI cable "fix" my slight ghosting problem while playing standard DVDs on my Toshiba DVD player. Well the answer  turned out to be NO they will not, I noticed somewhere between none to a VERY slight improvment ....certainly not enough to justify the $100.00 price tag for a 8 foot jumper. I was so frustrated at this point, I was nearly ready to return EVERYTHING, big screen and all. Drove back to Best Buys and was wanting to talk to the GEEK squad dudes ..... that didn't happen, talked to another salesperson again. He asked about my DVD player and told me the standard DVDs are NOT 1080 but 720 and the player UPconverts that signal to 1080....not a "TRUE" 1080 HD signal.  So instead of getting another standard DVD player I got a BlueRay/DVD combo  SONY BDP-S3200. 

That player did NOT help while viewing standard DVDs, but, if you throw in a Blue Ray disc is looks PERFECT no ghosting at all.  For the FIRST time since getting my new 50" HD big screen I'm happy with the picture .....  

Visitor

By the way, that $100.00 Monster HDMI cable is getting returned, removed it and tried my $26.00 VIZIO 8 foot cable rated at 18Gbps  p/n TXCH8X-B3 .......worked fine, NO ghosting. 

Visitor

Hello CaptZot,

Welcome to the Insignia Community!

The upscaling on the 1080p DVD players can cause distortion, so I'm glad to hear a store agent was able to get you corrected.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support