Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Re: Audio cutting out on NS-22E455C11? ('22 LED-LCD HDTV 1080p)

Hey, 

I recently purchased this model as well and I'm having the exact same problem as described. 

The picture quality on this tv is fantastic so I do not wish to return it, but this audio problem is really bothersome and distracting. I have all of the advanced settings off and the output to pcm. I'm using external speakers through the headphone port, but the same problem happens through the tv speakers. I have my ps3 and 360 hooked up with hdmi. 

I don't have the problem when watching tv from what I've noticed (hooked up via the standard cable jack). It's only when I'm using my ps3 or 360 through hdmi that the problem occurs. 

I hope some sort of fix is addressed for this problem. Other than the audio problem this tv is fantastic, especially for the money. 

Visitor

Two weeks ago I bought a 22" Insignia NS-22E450A11 and have the exact same problem.  This is unbelievably and unacceptably annoying.    My setup is a DVD player connected to the Insignia using component cables.   Audyssey dynamic volume is off and SRS is off (and I've already tried every combination of those settings and nothing helped).   Nothing has changed in my setup except for the TV itself.  Same DVD player, same cables, same DVD.  The only thing that's changed is that I now have replaced my old TV with this Insignia TV.  Every time there's a semi-quiet moment in the movie (like when people aren't talking and no music is playing in the background) the sound completely cuts out.  It's very noticable, happens very frequently,  and is incredibly annoying.   

Highlighted
Visitor

As an update to my message of yesterday, I found the source of the problem I was having and it wasn't the TV.   After I tried changing various sound settings on the DVD player I was able to fix this by changing the Audio DRC setting from Standard to TV Mode.  Apparently this setting didn't matter at all with my old TV but does with newer ones.

Visitor

Glad you found a way around it on your DVD player. Now I'm wondering where the equivalent setting switch is for my 360 and everyone else's systems. And I hope there actually are equivalent setting switches for everyone too, otherwise I'm returning the TV. If the TV will only work properly on systems capable of changing the "Audio DRC" setting, I would expect Insignia to say so right on the box.

Visitor

Hello all,  

DRC is a compression to regular audio, and this problem seems to be related to incompatibility between the audio received and the one the TV is capable of decompress. Seems that  potato222 did had an issue with the compression used by the player not being compatible. You may contact Microsoft or Sony and they will guide you in changing those settings (PS3 does have a larger variety of settings and they will be related to each output so there is more work to be done). Keep in mind that games themselves can be set also (and need to be set to the speaker system you have).

If the issue persists, please do take the TV to the nearest Best Buy store so a technician can check on the TV .

If it was useful, and you liked it, Kudo it!

Thank you,
Gonza
Insignia™ Support Team

Visitor

Hi everyone, I'm also troubled by the audio popping in and out, but what I'm wondering is if anyone else is getting the same high frequency noise whenever the tv is on but silent. It doesn't seem like a big issue but every time a new commercial pops up or I access the menu screen on my PS3, there's suddenly this annoying "sssssssss" sound. I've played with all menu options and have been reading online for information. Judging from many mini customer reviews, there are "audio issues" and some just say it's expected for the price, but I never had bad audio problems with my old 19" Citizen HDTV.

I'm really hoping there is a solution since this is an amazing looking tv for the price (I got the black one actually). It'll be sad if I have to pack this one up for return.

Visitor

Gup, have you tried Menu-->Audio and then set "Audyssey Dynamic Volume" to Off?   Originally I had that high-frequency sound issue too but setting the Audyssey setting to Off cleared that up.    

Visitor

I tried that just now to double check but it didn't do anything. It doesn't sound like different between off/light/med/heavy Smiley Frustrated

I'm gonna hold onto it for the weekend and if it doesn't get better or I still get irritated by the sound, I'll have to return it.

Visitor

Strange that your TV makes a hissing noise even with Audyssey off. That's why I never use Audyssey, because the noise screeching between the gaps when the audio cuts out makes the problem ten times more unbearable.

This DRC thing sounds slightly promising, but I'm at a loss trying to figure out how to change it on the 360. Google searching turns up nothing, I suppose I'll have to ask Microsoft for help.

Visitor

I've officially given up. It's not worth the hassle at all for a HDTV released in 2010. Thanks for the suggestions guys.