Add Product

Search Results:

tv resolution

When playing a DVD on my Insignia Fire TV, I get a screen message informing me that I’m playing in high resolution and then my DVD stops playing.  How do I turn off the high-resolution setting in my TV?

Emerging Expert

Re: tv resolution

How old is your DVD player?

Honestly I have not heard this issue before. Your TV should automatically adjust to the input.  It sounds more like a DVD player issue. There may be a button on your remote to change it. 

Is your movie really old, 

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

thanks you for your quick reponse. Yes, the dvd player is old.

Emerging Expert

That very well could be your issue.  Sometimes I think there are language issues between the new TV's and old tech.

If you have the option perhaps you could borrow someones DVD player that is a bit newer and see if it still happens, rather than runnig out and buying a new one. I get the feeling the message came from your DVD player. 

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.