Add Product

Search Results:

connecting LG home theatre system to xbox

"I'm looking at a blue ray home theater system (LG LHB953). I want to make sure there's a way to have my xbox play its sound through the blue ray speaker system. Here is a link to the picture of the back of the blue ray player (http://shopper.cnet.com/sc/33656614-2-440-DT4.jpg) and the TV is a toshiba 40rv525r (If you message me I can send you a link with a pic that shows the back of that too). Is there a way for me to play the xbox and tv sound through the blue ray player even though it doesn't have an extra hdmi port? For example could an audio component cable connect the two? thanks for your time"
Contributor

Re: connecting LG home theatre system to xbox

Absolutely, all you would need to do is hook the xbox to your tv, (HDMI or the ones that comes with xbox, doesnt matter) And you would want to send an optical cable from your TV to your bluray. You can see on the back where the coaxial cable hook up is, its right under that it says Optical. Optical is strictly sound. 

Anything i say is not a direct response from Best Buy or Geek Squad. I just post on here to add my insight.

thank you you've already been extremely helpful. Just making sure- nothing needs to be connecting the xbox to the blue ray system? and could you send me a link of a picture of the optical cable you were describing? thank you

@ABomb wrote:

Absolutely, all you would need to do is hook the xbox to your tv, (HDMI or the ones that comes with xbox, doesnt matter) And you would want to send an optical cable from your TV to your bluray. You can see on the back where the coaxial cable hook up is, its right under that it says Optical. Optical is strictly sound. 

Contributor

Nope, there shouldn't be any need to have anything going from the xbox to the receiver, unless you had additional hdmi ports in it, which you dont.

Here is the optical cables BB sells, sorted low to high in price.

Anything i say is not a direct response from Best Buy or Geek Squad. I just post on here to add my insight.

I have the setup you are referring to, using an optical cable from my TV to the receiver.  For some reason I only get TV/Cable audio from my surround sound.  The audio from my xbox still plays through the TV speakers.   Any ideas?