Add Product

Search Results:

cable satellite splitter

Hi,

I have a cable tv network in my business and I need a splitter that can split the signal to more than one tv's. Also i wanted to know if there is a splitter that can split the signal so that I may get more than one channel, at one given time on different tv sets.

Frequent Contributor

Re: cable satellite splitter

Who is your cable provider and does your main tv use a cable box to receive & change channels?
****************************************************************************************************************

I post on these forums to help. I know that my advice may not be in line with what you believe is fair and just. YES, I do believe that there are employees and managers that are uninformed, difficult to work with...you name it. However, MOST are not like that.

My advice is based on my experiences and common sense.
Trusted Contributor

Also make sure you get the proper ohms splitter. Most of the time it wouldn't matter, but I know for a fact FIOS needs a unusual ohm range splitter to work properly ( I used to be FIOS tech).
Recognized Member

In all honesty, most providers get you just enough signal to run what you sign up for. You may run into signal strength issues b splitting your signal more than once. You also need to make sure the splits are 'balanced' and cable runs are very similar in length, or signal level issues may result. For more than one split, I would recommend significant research for a do-it-yourselfer to make sure you are buying what you need and not wasting time & money. I would recommend having your provider do it for you to make sure it is right. Short answer, is there is no easy answer, this can be very specific considering number of runs, length of runs, type of cable system, system requirements (especially speed if internet connected), etc.

-Agent M

I do currently work for Best Buy but my opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect Best Buy policy. If you find the info useful, please ‘like’ our Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/geeksquadrecon

www.twitter.com/geeksquadrecon

Emerging Expert

Cable TV Network OR Satellite?  They are two different things.

Becuas of todays technology with most cable signals you need to go through a CableCard to get service. 

One options would be to contact your Cable Company or Satellite provider and have them set it up.  I think you will need a cable box with dual or more tuners so you can send a different channel to different TV's.

Or you should be able to buy TV's that have cable card slots built in.  (this is a Cable Solution) and you can tune the TV's seperate.

If Satellite you will need a Satellite box that is multi room.

I do not think you would be able to get by on the cheap if you want different channels on each TV

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Running cables / physical splits pose many challenges & significant cost. This may be a little outside of the ask, but I'd recommend Smart TVs, a strong wifi network (possibly already in place) and use of the providers App on multiple TV's. Depending on size of building & number of autonomous TVs, this should provide significant savings over multiple spilts, signal boosters, additional hardware (cable cards, boxes, "relay" units) and wire runs. This also allows for much more future potential and flexability regarding end-point user options (streaming, Apps, network controlled content, etc.)

-Agent M

I do currently work for Best Buy but my opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect Best Buy policy. If you find the info useful, please ‘like’ our Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/geeksquadrecon

Emerging Expert

what @ReconAgentm writes is most likely  your most viable option.  However, if you have the ability to run ethernet to your TV's that would be even better.   

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.