Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

What should I expect from HDMI CEC?

I've never used CEC, but I'd like to.  From what I understand, I should be able to access basic functions (e.g. power, volume, etc.) on an upstream device through the HDMI cable using the downstream device's remote.

I my case, I have an LG CX TV and a Denon AVR-X2300W connected via a Monoprice 8K HDMI cable that supports eARC.  I believe I've configured ARC and CEC appropriately on both ends.  I can control the Denon using the LG remote if the Denon is in line of site of the remote, but not if it's not.  This looks more to me like a universal remote set-up than CEC.  Is this what I should be expecting or do I have something set up wrong?

My ultimate goal is to put my AV gear in a cabinet that remotes will not penetrate.  While I expect to have to open the doors for more of the intricate interaction, but I'd like to do basic things with the doors closed.  It seems like I should be able to do this, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Re: What should I expect from HDMI CEC?

I would think the remote would not work througth the doors becuase they are blocking the signal

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.