Add Product

Search Results:

Topics: 329
Kudos: 149
Solutions: 606

Tv port help

Can someone identify what the heck the far right port is and how the heck i am supposed to find a cable to attach it to a wall coaxial for my dad..... The manual says that is the coaxial connection...... 

port.JPG

Crystal
Superuser
Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | What is a Superuser?
*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star to give kudos to show your thanks!*
While I used to be a Best Buy Employee, I no longer have any affiliation with Best Buy.
My opinions do not in any way shape or form represent Best Buy's Official decisions.
Contributor

Re: Tv port help

Eh...kinda odd connection there.  Was the unit purchased in another country?

Nope. The good ole usa. The manual is in english and says sony usa on it.

Crystal
Superuser
Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | What is a Superuser?
*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star to give kudos to show your thanks!*
While I used to be a Best Buy Employee, I no longer have any affiliation with Best Buy.
My opinions do not in any way shape or form represent Best Buy's Official decisions.
Topics: 5
Kudos: 21
Solutions: 232

It's a fairy dust refiller port.  Every 4 years, you should have a tech come out to refill the fairy dust to allow the TV to continue working.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I DO NOT work for Best Buy. I used to be a Geek Squad Agent for 2 years and this is why I am well versed on their policies and procedures, but I do not work for them anymore. My posts are my own opinions and do not represent any opinions of Best Buy. If you do not like my posts, and want to report me, you can do so by clicking this link and reporting me to the moderators.
---Nearly all virus infections are a result of a problem between chair and keyboard---
Topics: 5
Kudos: 21
Solutions: 232

This is a new feature that Sony is testing out on a few of their TV models.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I DO NOT work for Best Buy. I used to be a Geek Squad Agent for 2 years and this is why I am well versed on their policies and procedures, but I do not work for them anymore. My posts are my own opinions and do not represent any opinions of Best Buy. If you do not like my posts, and want to report me, you can do so by clicking this link and reporting me to the moderators.
---Nearly all virus infections are a result of a problem between chair and keyboard---

Smiley Tongue

Crystal
Superuser
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

If look to the right, that appears to be a symbol for an antenna.

With RCA jacks, this appears to be an analog TV.

Trusted Contributor

It appears to be a broken coaxial jack to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclosure: Former BBY employee.
Trusted Contributor

I concur with slim. It seems to be a broken or incomplete coax.
Recognized Member

Sorta looks like the type of connector you see on oscilloscope cables