Add Product

Search Results:

Toshiba Fire Tv remote not pairing

I just restored a Toshiba fire tv.
The model number is 50lf711u20.
All of the mainboards have been replaced.
In addition, I replaced the power button and Ir sensor fir the remote.

I've tried countless times in pairing the remote but I get never get past the remote pairing setup screen.

I've tried 4 different remote controls as well.
One of them being a Insignia remote control.

When holding in the home button to pair the remote, and l.e.d. will flash on the remote control. However, it never pairs to the TV.

The directional buttons, as well as the power,select,volume, and back buttons all seem to work even without pairing.....which is odd.

I've tried countless combinations of button presses such as back, left, and menu buttons.

Nothing to date has worked though.

And I am always stuck at the blue setup screen to pair the remote.

I've even performed a full factory reset of the TV.
And discharged the remote as instructed.

Nothing is working.

I'd appreciate any help as I have worked on this TV for close to 2 months now, with no success.

Thanks everyone.
Topics: 1,703
Kudos: 859
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 339

Re: Toshiba Fire Tv remote not pairing

If you go are on a PC there were some potential solutions on the forums.

This being one of them: https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/TV-Home-Theater/Toshiba-Fire-TV-Remote/m-p/1376574

The other potential solution here: https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/TV-Home-Theater/Toshiba-Fire-TV-Remote-Issue-Partially-Working/m-p/123...

When you are logged into a computer, below your post, there are posting suggestions that may relate to your issue. 

Just a question did you get everything replaced under warranty or did you pay out of pocket for the repairs. If you did out of pocket now may be the time to consider replacing it if it's out of warranty to avoid costly out of pocket repairs.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Thank you for your reply.
I certainly appreciate your response.

I did not see an option to post under the forums you provided with the urls.

However, I pretty much tried everything mentioned in the forums.

I've even contacted Toshiba and they were not able to help me in pairing the remote.

I paid for everything out of pocket as I am not the original owner of the TV

Toshiba also mentioned it was out of warranty due to the manufacturing date.

Are the parts aftermarket? Or original OEM?

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

These are original replacement parts for the Rev B version of the TV.
I purchased everything from ShopJimmy.com.

All of the parts were verified as working and had been tested prior to the sale.

Please let me know if you have any additional instructions or suggestions.

The TV is 99 percent fixed.
Still the remote refuses to pair.

And I'm stuck at the blue remote pairing setup screen.

Thank you.

I looked all I could online to find answers, I also find it strange that Toshiba disbanded their customer support site and it redirects to Dynabook. At least this was my experience. Unless I am looking in the wrong area in the search engine? Sorry but I am perplexed by your situation. Hopefully someone on here may have the answer.