Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Toshiba Fire TV volume problem

Any NEW ideas out there we have tried all the fixes that do not work.

I do this all the time..I get busy and pause whatever is playing - I've done it on Prime as well as Netflix and CBSN. So far no volume issues. The hard reboot that I mentioned a couple of posts ago took care of all of the volume problems I was having. Hope this helps someone.

Well it sounds like I should give that a try and a big THAN YOU for both finding this out and sharing it here.  I assume that your apps re-loaded once you singed in with your Amazon account?  I'm also certain that it would require signing back in to all the apps such as Netflix, Hulu, etc.   Now you originally said you had volume problems with the sound bar, that was connected via HDMI correct?  So if it was a sound bar via HDMI then that rules out anything exclusively wrong with the optical/digital audiio out............. 

For me I do use an optic cable. Yes, you will need to redo all of your logins for Netflix and such. One last note concerns Netflix. There are shows (my most recent example would be Travelers) where some episodes have a sudden drop in volume. It has to be an issue with Netflix because I can rewind the episode and the problem repeat at the same point each time. But it is only happening in Netflix. In my experience there are three ways to quickly correct it and that is by turning the sound bar on and off, pausing and resuming the show or you can simply continue watching and the volume will come back up.

That one thing you described, where the volume is low and slowly comes back up.............that's happened to us a LOT.  Thanks for clearing that up for me I thought you were only usilng a sound bar via the HDMI ARC connection.  It's good to know you were usilng an optical cable.  I'm just curious since I do not have a sound bar,,,,,,,, I know what they are but now aware of their function..........is that used to replace the sound coming from the TV speakers (obviously at a higher quality),  I'm assuming it connects via optical cable to the optical OUT of your A/V receiver?  and do you have any other speakers connected to that A/V receiver?

Has anyone tried jfsbndr's solution? I'm having this exact problem when using the TV's built in speaker and am curious if the solution provided by jfsbndr has worked for anyone else.

Yes, I use my sound bar instead of having the sound coming from the speakers on the TV. The sound bar is connected directly to the optic out port on the TV. I don't have a separate A/V receiver and the only other speaker that works with the sound bar is a wireless sub woofer. Having the TV connected directly to the sound bar eliminates the possibility the problem was related to any other devices. Since you do not use a sound bar but rather have the sound coming directly from the TV speakers that tells me, with full confidence, the problem is indeed the TV. Since the hard reboot worked for me it should work for you as well.
(However, I know I've mentioned this before but I think it's important, I still occasionally run into the volume problem when watching some Netflix shows. But that app is the only streaming service where it happens and it is very infrequent).

I agree with your findings and came to the same conclusion when I tried the built in tv speakers and there was NO problem, but anything involving optical/digital out (TosLink) DOES produce the problem,  even DVD's/BluRay.  NEWS:  there was major update to the TV software tonight that took awhile to install, required one automatic restart, and a secondary manual re-runing of the update procedure from the menu......... all updates would have been automatic overnight as it said on the display that they would happen when the TV was not in use.   The bad news, after the update, I STILL have the problem.   I'm going to eventually bite the bullet and do your "wipe" or what I would call, master reset procedure.

We recently purchased a Toshiba Firestick TV (43 in).  I use DirectTVNow, Hulu and NetFlix.  On DirectTVNOW, the volume on commercials jumps up to like FULL BLAST...then if you wait patiently the program will come back on and be normal.  Hulu doesn't seem to have this same problem, although admittedly I am just using their free first month trial to see if I like it.  

I have rebooted the TV MANY times, nothing fixes this other than to just wait for the commercial to go off.  So, I we end up muting the commercials or whatever.  Talk about a bad issue...the commercials (which they all want you to watch) find us racing to the TV to shutdown the volume, and we simply don't watch any.

I can't find many options to set volume on the TV or deal with this.  i tried to read through all the other posts, does a sound bar correct this issue?  Most everyone elses scenarios seemed to be "show to show"...while I do see some volume changes, it is NOTHING like the Commercial BLAST.