Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Toshiba Fire TV volume problem

Well it happened again this morning. Back to debugging, I guess.

I looked at the Toshiba web site tonight.  I guess you have to go to the TV section specifically, there they list models, but NO clickable links.  It seems the ONLY thing you can do is call them and I'm sure THAT is going to go well, most likely NOT!!

It seems that this TV is a 3 wayb partnership betweeen Best Buy, Amazon, and Toshiba and I'm certain that Best Buy is NOT responsible for firmware/software updates so that falls to Toshiba and Amazon,,,,,,,,,,,,,  I will probably call just to get the problem recorded but I swear if I'm asked to "check cables", restart, power off and on, I swear I'll explode.  Not all of us are "tech deficient".   This is clearly a but, most likely firmware/software and one of the two players, Toshiba/Amazon need to fix this.................Best Buy just sells the product and provides warranty service, if warranted, via Geek Squad, but again, this is NOT their problem IF is is software/firmaware............. if it's hardware, like an "audio board" then yes, Geek Squad could deal with that.

Have you tried pausing a stream for say 20 seconds, then playing?  This is when it happens to us.  Now, the LOUD volume is more common the the too low scenario and it's a killer!!

FYI I tried just using the TV with the built in speakers and there is NO evidence of the problem there.  I am using OPTICAL audio out, so the problem IS clearly there.

I'd be very interested in what happens. I just received the 43 inch model. I am also having drastic volume fluctuations as well. It appears to be prompted when a commercial comes on, it's not consistent. Sometimes it's ever other commercial, sometimes three in a row. I also downloaded the update, removed power and factory reset. Just happened again it's actually how I found this, I was looking to see if this was common.

I'm using the TV with just the built-in volume, I have no speakers right now. I was actually looking at buying a soundbar, and hoping that that would solve the problem. But this does not fill me with warm fuzzy feelings. I've tried shutting off the TV and midstream, but I haven't tried pausing for 20 seconds or more, at least not intentionally. I'll try that tomorrow and see what happens

I totally agree about this being a Toshiba / Amazon problem. I seriously doubt either one of them is going to address it, it doesn't seem to be getting enough traction yet. But, there do seem to be a few more of us, and there are random audio problems. So maybe if they all add up, they'll actually deal with it. We can be hopeful anyway

Well, welcome to the list. There are random audio problems that I found, but nothing else quite like this. It's still happening to me periodically, I haven't quite figured out what causes it. And I'm not willing to say that it's not completely random. Yesterday it happened, and I really have no idea why. I haven't tried calling Toshiba directly yet, but that's probably my next step. Hopefully they can come up with an idea that doesn't involve me lugging the TV back to BestBuy

Last night I used my Apple TV to stream direct TV now. I watched about 1 hour of the and had no volume fluctuations. Not sure if take it to the bank yet, I'm going to continue to use the Apple TV and see if there is any difference.

What is your audio configuration?  Are you using only the TV built in speakers?  I tried to replicate the problem with the surround receiver OFF and only the TV built in speakers ON.  It did NOT happen.   Are you using the audo out of the Apple TV device ( does it have it's own audio/optical out??) or connected via HDMI to the TV for sound?   I think I've clearly isolated it to the OPTICAL out of the Toshiba TV.........it's the only connection thus far that seems to have this issue.   I need to call Toshiba also, I haven't done that yet.

I am using the TV's built in speakers, Apple TV is connected by HDMI.

I am having the same issue with my TV. Volume 5 sounds like volume 30. Pressing the power button doesn’t fix it I have to do a full reset in the settings menu. I can’t pinpoint when it happens it feels like it’s happening out of the blue and it’s not just happening inside of apps it’s also happening when watching cable TV HDMI.

It happens to me if I pause a streaming video (Netflix, HuLu etc) OR even on LIVE TV via antenna.......but it does NOT happen with the TV speakers only on, it's only on the optical audio out connection.