01-19-2019 12:23 AM
Purchased a 55lf621u19 on Boxing Day from Amazon.ca (through BestBuy), arrived here January 4th.
Loved it, but now it won't power on.
- Black screen
- No blue light in the bottom right corner
- No hums or noises of any kind
So far things I've tried that haven't fixed the problem:
- Changing electrical outlets. It was plugged into a surge protector but I've tried other power strips and directly into the wall
- Trying a different power cable (I have a similar cable for my soundbar)
- Testing the power cable that came with the TV with another device -- it works for my soundbar.
- Some guides online say power off for 30 or 60 seconds
- I've also tried the typical electronic factory reset (hold the power button on the right side of the TV for 30+ seconds)
- Since I've had Fire TVs before, I also tried taking the batteries of the remote in/out as well as holding middle button and play
- One reviewer said they had this issue and they had to keep plugging the power cord in/out until it worked (?) I tried that but no matter what the blue light will not come on
- Yelling at it (didn't work)
There are quite a few reviews on Amazon.ca that have had this issue, but everyone had returned it.
I would love to get this issue fixed without returning it.
Any help would be appreciated
01-19-2019 11:10 AM
Welcome to our community. There's little as disappointing as having a product develop a fault soon after purchase. I'm quite unhappy to hear you've had this occur.
It appears you've been very thorough in your troubleshooting. For next steps, I would recommend contacting Geek Squad to schedule a technician to diagnose and service your TV.
Additionally, and with apologies, this community is intended for our U.S. customers. I would recommend that you contact Best Buy Canada for further assistance with your concerns.
Thank you for writing to us.
|John|Social Media Specialist | Best Buy® Corporate|
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!