Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Sony X950G constantly freezing up. Tried

Elle.. thanks. If mine starts doing the same thing again and I suspect it will I plan to push for another option. I know nothing out there is perfect but for us thus far the 950G is a $4K not so smart TV. Not good!

thayes.. agree totally. It is not easy finding this issue over the internet. This Best Buy forum was the first I found where others were reporting the same issue. And by same I mean identical!

Sony fixates on the internet. They remote in to our TV check the internet speed, have asked me to download apps to check the internet speed and once thet conclude out 100 mega bits per second speed is fast enough, they blame our internet. Last Level 2 support person suggested we either installk a new network or use a powerline adapter. Others in this thread have been hardwired into their router with the same problem.

I do wonder if this is an Android PIE anomaly with the 950G. I should not have let Android be updated when they replaced the first TV. Sadly I allowed it to be updated.

Sony support has been mostly lacking for me. Each time I call I am requested to perform the same rituals. Unistall the app, clear the cache, perform a factory reset, check the internet speed then blame our internet. I hope more with 950G issues see this thread and post. I know of one famous brand camera manufacturer who is notorious for knowing they have a problem with a camera yet refuses to acknowledge it yet magically fixes the problem in the next model. This is reminding me of that. The 950H most likely will not have this issue!

My only recommendation to those stuck with there 950g is to bypass Sonys smart TV and try a Roku, Fire Stick or whatever is your preference is. At least you will have a smooth running TV.

>>My only recommendation to those stuck with there 950g is to bypass Sonys smart TV and try a Roku, Fire Stick or whatever is your preference is. At least you will have a smooth running TV.<<

If there is no way out this would work as best I can tell. Apps via a Roku stick have never failed for us. From my perspective, I find this to be unacceptable given how much we paid to have a smart TV with the hope of eliminating Roku type devices.

It is quite ironic that we also bought a Sony A8G OLED and a 900F LCD at same time as we purchased the 950G and neither of those TVs have had any app issues. If our 950G freezes again I'll contact Sony, go through the same series of questions they go through with each call and potentially get to yet another level of support. This in addition to getting the seller to get involved with Sony to push for a better solution.

But I do agree anyone with a 950G that is beyond return times, etc. that a Roku type solution will most likely work for the apps.

FYI.. the latest software upgrade installed via USB has not fixed our freezing problem. Time to deal with Sony again and try to push this up the food stream.

Highlighted

Did you get a Samsung? If so, which model and how does it compare to the Sony minus your issues?

I'm still using my 850g. Bought it at a competitor with a 90 day return policy. I still have another month or so. If it dies go back I'll get the Q70.

90 days return period, you can't beat that. I think Best Buy is only 2 weeks. It use to be 30 days. I bought my TV back in November. It didn't start acting up until a few weeks ago. Long past the return period. I'm still issue free after that hard factory reset. Keeping my fingers crossed.

>>90 days return period, you can't beat that. I think Best Buy is only 2 weeks. It use to be 30 days. I bought my TV back in November. It didn't start acting up until a few weeks ago. Long past the return period. I'm still issue free after that hard factory reset. Keeping my fingers crossed.<<

When you did the factory rest via the extra remote button usage, did it restore your Android to the previous version? Curious if this is an Android 9 (PIE)/Sony incompatibility issue.

Our A8G OLED and 900F (bought at same time as the 950G but previous year models) have operated without any issues. Tomorrow I plan to hard wire the 950G into a switch. I really cannot go through the Sony instant blame Wifi again over the phone. If the hardwire somehow fixes the issue then perhaps they were right. If not I hope to get them off of Wifi as a cause and back to their TV. I have reached the point where I'd love to try a Samsung. Sony's response has been less than wonderful (Call....get to Level 2 support, let them rmeote in, check internet speed, determine internet speed is ok, blame internet connection anyway).

I had t hgt e same experience with Sony. Level 2, no real fix, just all the same basic stuff. One guy did say demand a uninstall and reinstall of the OS. But realistically that could even cause more issues if not done right.