Add Product

Search Results:

Sony KD85X91J smart TVs

We purchased a Sony 85 inch smart TV and the week after it was installed (July) it would randomly turn on.  Then in Oct. it would randomly not turn on at all unless we unplugged it, then plug it back in.  Best Buy will not help us because we did not purchase the Geek Squad warranty and have referred us to Sony.  Sony has had a Tech go into our system remotely play around and say they have fixed the problem, 3 different times.   They have gone so far as to suggest 3 unplug everything from the TV for 3 days and then plug everything back in to see if that fixed the problem.  (Sorry we didn't pay $3k to look at a blank TV).  

Was wondering if anyone has had this problem and if so how did they fix it? 

Valued Expert

Re: Sony KD85X91J smart TVs

Do you have anything attached to the TV?

Receiver, sound bar, console, or anything else?

It could be an issue with an attachment sending a signal to the TV saying that it is on, and that would turn on the TV.

I have a PS5 attached to mine, and starting the controller will turn on the TV and the receiver?

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

Good Day

yes we have a sound bar attached.  But the TV will turn on with no one home, we do not have a gaming system.  It will also not turn on at all unlesss it's unplugged first left for a few minutes.  Totally random. Thanks for the tip.

Valued Expert

I would suggest disconneting the Soundbar and see if it keeps happening.

I will assume you have internet connected to the TV, for the smart features.

Wi-Fi or ethernet?  Your modem or router could be sending out a PING to see what is conenected that could possibly be turning on the TV.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.