go to menu

channel

guide type

change freeview to samsung

exit

wait a couple of minutes

guide should work 

(slightly different look)

I was first thinking, wow, finally a solution!

However, my Samsung offers no settings at all, for the Guide.   When I go to Menu, select Guide, it only opens the Guide just as if I pressed the Guide button on the remote.  

I went thru all the options in the menu, and I could not find anywhere, where I am offered a chance to select between Freeview and Samsung.   So, my Guide still isn't working.

Spoiler

Re: Samsung Smart TV - Guide stopped working after latest update

Agree!

This might not work for every Samsung, but here is an easy solution (from Samsung Support) that worked for me:

Turn on TV

Unplug TV with TV on  (this clears the TV cache memory) leaving it unplugged for 1 minute

Plug TV back in

Press guide which will ask you to set the time and date

Set time and date

Press guide again and hopefully your guide will display, like mine did.

By the way, I love the chat feature on Samsung's site.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

From start to finish it only took 10 minutes to resolve the issue. (with no waiting to start chat)

I do not know if they are always that good but I plan on using them again if something comes up.

ANNOUNCEMENT: THE FREEVIEW MHEG EPG SERVICE WILL CEASE IN NOVEMBER 2017 08 November 2017 Freeview advises that the Freeview MHEG electronic program guide (EPG) service will cease operating from 24 November 2017.This action only affects the Freeview MHEG EPG service. It will not impact the Freeview Plus service or the availability of any other EPG which you can currently access on your TV receiver. The cessation of the Freeview MHEG EPG service was first announced on 24th November, 2014 via an extensive newspaper campaign. The following TV receivers will be affected. SAMSUNG TVS http://www.freeview.com.au/about/news-and-events/announcement-the-freeview-mheg-epg-service-will-cea...
Highlighted

This worked for me...

Go to menu

select channel

select guide type and a prompt comes up with a choice between freeview and samsung

select samsung and problem solved...

Thank you "so much" this worked and you truly made my day!

Thank you "so much" Dane 1....This worked and you truly made my day! Smiley Happy Also thank's for the link!

Well with my skepticm level high I tried the solution Dane1 suggested had been given by Samsung recently ( they had no sensible solution for me when I rang a year or two back) involving unplugging and thus clearing the cache and it has worked. I'll wait and  see if it continues... but it can be filxed so easily wont be a bother.

So many thanks

@Dane1 wrote:

This might not work for every Samsung, but here is an easy solution (from Samsung Support) that worked for me:

Then why did you close this thread, and tag this as THE SOLUTION for everyone?  Man Sad

My Samsung has lost power several times, while initially 'on', during the blackouts we had with the sever weather we had these past months.   When power was restored, the Guide never started to work.

To TheSmartOne- Sorry to hear about your TV.  Lightning, power outages and TVs do not go well together. 

I am assuming you tried going through the steps I suggested.  If so, based on what I have read above, there might be two sources of information for the guide.  You might want to try the other source if possible.  (My TV only has one data source) and then trying to go through the steps I suggested.

By the way, I did not tag my post as "the solution" for everyone (I wonder if the moderator possibly did?)

I did not close the thread either. I am not sure if the thread is closed given that you and I are still on it.   

Good luck