Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Samsung LCD TV Clicks on and off repeatedly (lnt4671fx/xaa)

Dear Cjoens,

I'm also having the same problem and I too like to do these repairs myself.  My question is where did you find the parts (capacitors) to make the repair?  Please help me out if you can.

Thaks, Marc

Called Samsung and they took care of the issue (so far)  I have a Model LN-T5271F (52" LCD) purchased 1/12/08.  It's well out of warranty, but I guess the capacitor issue I've been reading about is covered under a limited warranty/settlement.

Samsung just lost the lawsuit for the 10V rated capacitors they put on 12V power-board. The capacitors ramp up the current to turn on the TV, and rated too low, eventually fail. It's for certain models.

Go to
http://www.samsung.com/us/capacitorsettlement/

or 888-899-7602

You may be able to get the TV repaired for free.

The clicking is the retry on the power board after it fails. It will continually try to turn on, but the capacitors have trouble supplying the required voltage. To check yourself, remove the back, you'll see bad capacitor tops bowed upward, maybe some black tar leaking also. They'll be labeled 10V on a 12V rated board.

A proposed Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit involving certain Samsung televisions. In cooperation with the District Court of Oklahoma County, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is offering a settlement for certain Samsung-branded televisions manufactured prior to December 31, 2008. You may be entitled to receive the benefits of this proposed Class Action Settlement if you purchased, acquired or otherwise owned any of the following Samsung-branded televisions, and the television is experiencing or has experienced the "Covered TV Symptom(s)" as described in the proposed Settlement. The class action lawsuit alleges a defect that may cause the television to experience symptoms such as not turning on, experiencing a delay in turning on, making a clicking sound, cycling on and off, or other similar problems. Samsung denies the allegations in the lawsuit, but has agreed to settle the lawsuit to avoid the costs and uncertainty of continued litigation.

Model Number     Serial Numbers
LCD TV     
LN-T******/XAA; LN**A******XZA; LNS4041DX/XAA; LNS4051DX/XAA; LNS4052DX/XAA; LNS5296DX/XAA

Plasma TV's:
HPT5034X/XAA; HPT5044X/XAA; HPT5054X/XAA; HPT5064X/XAA; PN42A410C1DXZA; PN42A450P1DXZA; PN50A410C1DXZA; PN50A450P1DXZA; PN50A460S4DXZA

DLP TV:
HLT5087SAX/XAA; HLT5087SX/XAA; HLT5089SAX/XAA; HLT5089SX/XAA; HLT5687SAX/XAA; HLT5687SX/XAA; HLT5689SAX/XAA; HLT5689SX/XAA; HLT6187SAX/XAA; HLT6187SX/XAA; HLT6189SAX/XAA; HLT6189SX/XAA

For information on whether you qualify for a free repair, or for reimbursement of a repair you paid for, or for other benefits, as well as how to make a claim, please see the Full Class Action Notice below, or call 1- 888-899-7602.

Samsung very rapidly responded to my request for service. Within 48 hrs after I called the class action law suit a service man was dispatched to my residence. He changed the capacitors in no time and Tv is fixed. According to the service man Samsung TVs (and perhaps other products) are either made in Mexico or S. Korea. The South Koreans are defective less in oppose to the ones which are made in Mexico. My Tv is made in Mexico. The letters KR in model no. or serial no. indicates made in Korea.
Recognized Member

Samsung TV capacitor class action proposal. See new post on our Facebook page!

-Agent M

I do currently work for Best Buy but my opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect Best Buy policy. If you find the info useful, please ‘like’ our Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/geeksquadrecon

I have the Plasma PN51D4400A5D, it was this same power clicking On/OFF issue, I called Samsung and they are sending out a repair team and fixing my out of warranty Plasma I purchased 11-2011 as a one time out of warranty fix. I didn't purchase from BB, but i'm glad this forum was here and so many here have spoken up on this issue.

Here is the link that takes you to the full settlement page (pdf file). If it doesn't work, try to copy and paste it in the URL. I couldn't attach the pdf here.

http://www.samsung.com/us/capacitorsettlement/documents/20120214%20Full%20Class%20Notice.pdf

If u have reported the issue to Samsung before March 2, 2012 and u have a proof, u may be entitled for a $300 refund. 

Actually, this is what #(4) says. a $ 300 fully transferable debit card if you reported to SEA, prior to March 2, 2012, the problem covered by the settlement, but did not get it fixed, and you no longer posses your Television.

I have exactly the same problem with Samsung same model but do apalogise I do not know the solution anybody please help us/

Hi, 

go back and read message 62; It tells you about everything. Just make sure your model # is the right one.

Started having the same issue on a LN52A750 (falls under the model numbers listed above)... called Samsung and they stated that my TV was manufactured after 2008 and they will not help.  After discussing with 3 different service reps none of them offered to repair the issue on Samsung. And stating that they fixed the issue after '08.

So I popped open the TV and sure enough the capacitors are going bad.  The one in the bottom right photo is bad and the one behind it starting to go bad as well.

Is anyone else in this 2009 crowd that they refuse to help?

Bottom right image with Samsung TV capacitor issue.

Recognized Member

The following 2 links may help you (your model is included here):

Claim Form

http://www.samsung.com/us/capacitorsettlement/documents/20120214%20Capacitor%20Claim%20Form.pdf

Settlement Link:

http://www.samsung.com/us/capacitorsettlement/

Samsung Support Facebook page (sometimes a public post gets more attention Smiley Wink, add your pictures):

https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport

Good Luck! Your model IS listed in the case, persistence will pay off.

-Agent M

I do currently work for Geek Squad but my opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect Best Buy policy. If you find the info useful, please ‘like’ our Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/geeksquadrecon