Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Samsung LCD TV Clicks on and off repeatedly (lnt4671fx/xaa)

how did u get the repair cost waived???

how did u get the repair cost waived..??? please advise. TIA

I called the Samsung 800 number, and told them I had the same problem that thousands of other people were posting about on the internet. My TV was out of warranty, but they told me right then that there would be no repair charge if it was the capacitors. It was, and my TV works great!

Guess what? EXACT same problem with the 50" Samsung DLP TV (HL-S5086W) we purchased, just  out of extended service plan, (in February)  and NOT covered for their free repair.  Called BB and called Samsung. BB will not send their people out, (say I am out of their coverage area, even though they sent someone every year to check the lamps, always spotless) and I have to get a service person from elsewhere to replace the LAMP, or FAN. Not particularly happy about this, but no choice except to pay for a service man to replace it as the tv powers itself off constantly. I won't be buying another Samsung of ANY kind, and will NOT buy from BB again if their service persons will not drive 20 miles to fix it once the service plan is over. One would think the extended service plan would not kick in until the manufacturers warranty was out. Not true.

Hi i have changed my capacitors as my samsung lcd tv keeps clicking on and off i was just wondering what else you think can go wrong with them if you could help thanks alot
Recognized Member

While the caps are the most common cause for this symptom, other issues can cause it as well. There may be additional caps required or possibly another cause. To schedule service: 1-800-433-5778 or www.geeksquad.com.

-Agent M

www.facebook.com/geeksquadrecon

www.twitter.com/geeksquadrecon

This is 100% correct. All you have to do is call 1-800-samung and explain the problem. I had a tech at my house in 2 days (even over New Year's). It took him 15 minutes to fix it and it was free. He confirmed this is a widespread issue in lots of consumer electronics and he stays very busy making these repairs for Samsumg and others. He also said if you try to do this yourself and are not sure what you are doing you can put them in backwards a cause a much bigger problem. I was ready for a fight when I called them but it was so easy. Do yourself a favor and call Samsung before you start tearing your TV apart.

it is certainly the hardware problem of tv.contact to samsung senior engeenios through forum or email.

WOW! alot of the same problem I have. I contacted Best Buy as I purchased there extended warranty , which I have to add expired 2 months ago. (after 4 years) They explained to me that the warranty has a start date and a end date and since I expired , sorry. I can buy this and I'm not to upset (at this point) I called the store location where I purchased it and got the same basic response (at least it was consistant) I then contacted samsung , the first young lady I spoke to stated , sorry the unit is out of warranty , sorry about your luck , I can send a repairman out to have your unit repaired , we consider this normal wear and tear.normal wear and tear on a TV?

What is normal? I then called samsung back this time very frustrated and explained that I have seen other people that had the exact same problem and they are getting the units repaired under warranty. The second operator stated we will send someone out to replace you capacitors and power board , but if there is another issue I would be charged. I asked to speak with a supervisor at this point A) to thank him for the repair B) to tell him the process that I had to go through to get this resolution , and explain that the final out come is a satisfied customer , but a very frustrated consumer , I asked if this is there normal policy to have the first person say no warranty and the second to say YES. This should be a lesson for samsung for customer retention and satisfaction , and a lesson to us the consumer , don't settle for the first response! Thank you to this board for giving me the information , sorry for the rant.

Add me to the list of clicking on and off samsung LNT4671FX/XAA. I also purchased several other of samsungs high end led tv's. One is their 3D 55" model. After the way samsung stood behind their product, I'll have to rethink buying another one.