Add Product

Search Results:

Recognized Member

Re: Samsung LCD TV Clicks on and off repeatedly (lnt4671fx/xaa)

Correct, the model year is important. Caps in question mostly in 2006-2008 model year TV's. Others may exhibit a similar symptom but with completely different cause.
Recognized Member

Possible..yes. Power strips can develop bad sockets and sometimes can cause high power draw items to shut down. When in doubt, use the wall outlet if possible.

I purchased mine at radio shack

I have a Samsung model LNt4671FX/XAA that I bought about three years ago. It started showing the clicking noise when turning on about a month ago. A friend of mine told me it was a well known problem, the same thing happened to him and he got it fixed by Samsung for free. So I called Samsung to get it fixed. This is what happened: I call their customer support number and reported the problem. I told them my friend had told me that I was entitled to a free repair as he was. The lady I spoke to told me she needed to see the receipt to verify if 'my model was covered by the free repair policy'. I told her I did not keep the receipt after three years and I was sure the TV was out of warranty, however since this was a well known manufacturer's problem because Samsung was using under specs capacitors I felt I was entitled to the free repair. After 10 minutes back and forth the conversation had almost turned into a screaming match with the lady denying Samsung had any responsibility. Then I asked to speak to the supervisor. The supervisor was not helpful either, but he gave me the phone number of the 'Executive Customer Relations Department'. I called the executive department and a very nice lady told me I was indeed right and that if the problem turned out to be the capacitors, I wouldn't be charged. No receipt needed. She referred the matter to a third party contractor and they called me next day to make the appointment. The third party contractor made the appointment and asked for a credit card. They said if the technician determined it was the capacitor they wouldn't charge me; if the problem was something else they would charge me for the technician visit and give me a quote for the repair. If I chose to do the repair the visit would be credited towards the repair. The technician came today and when he opened the TV we both could see the bulging capacitors (not leaking yet). He told me they were 25 volts capacitors when they had to be 35 volts. He replaced them and the TV is working fine. No charge. What I disliked of the whole experience was that they had me go through a stressful and long conversation with the first person in customer service. They do have a policy of fixing it for free, but they don't make it easy for you. Maybe they are hoping if they make it difficult people will give up? Frankly, it is really bad business ethics. I don't think I'll be buying SAMSUNG again. This is the number of the 'Executive Department' 1-800-522-7341. The agent that I spoke to in the executive department is agent # 85170. IF you call customer service and they try to deny responsibility insist on talking to the executive department or call them directly. I am posting this same message in every board I find over the internet. I hope it helps other people.

I bought my LCD tv in 2008 and it just started this problem a few days ago. I called 1-800-SAMSUNG and they are suppose to send a certified repairman out. They said the repair will be free if it is the capasitors. If it's not the capsitors then the repair will be at my expense. According to what I've read, it's the same issues as all the above. I'll updat as to how it turs out. Thanks for all the info given in this forum...very hellpful!!!

Recognized Member

I WOULD RECOMMEND HAVING YOUR TV REPAIRED BY A QUALIFIED TECHNICIAN FOR SEVERAL REASONS, THE MOST IMPORTANT BEING:

-THERE IS A FAIR AMOUNT OF HIGH VOLTAGE GENERATED INSIDE THE TV TO RUN THE BACKLIGHTS. THE POWER SUPPLY THAT REQUIRES REPAIR CAN OFTEN HOLD A CHARGE FOR QUITE SOME TIME AFTER THE POWER CORD IS DISCONNECTED.

-REPAIR REQUIRES EXPERIENCED SOLDERING SKILLS AND THE CIRCUIT BOARD CAN BE DAMAGED BY TOO HIGH WATTAGE SOLDERING IRON / HEAT.

***THE BEST REASON IS THAT THE REPLACEMENT BOARD WILL HAVE THE SAME CAPS AS THE ORIGINAL AND YOU MAY EXPERIENCE THE SAME SYMPTOM / FAILURE DOWN THE ROAD.***

A GEEK SQUAD TECHNICIAN CAN NEARLY ALWAYS COMPLETE THE REPAIR FOR THE DIAGNOSTIC & TRIP  FEE OF $150 (WE DO NOT CHARGE FOR THESE PARTS- ASSUMING THERE ARE NO OTHER PARTS REQUIRED). ADDITIONALLY WE UPGRADE THE REPLACEMENT PARTS FROM THE ORIGINALS BY USING PARTS WELL OVER RATED FOR THE CIRCUIT SO THIS FAILURE WILL NOT OCCUR IN THE FUTURE.

ORIGINAL POWER SUPPLY PART NUMBER FOR YOUR MODEL IS BN44-00166C     -Agent M

I have a 42in LCD TV. It will click on and off 13 times before it comes on. It looks like it will costs me over $300 to repair. I will just get another TV but I will never, never, never, never buy another SAMSUNG PRODUCT the rest of my life. I hope SAMSUNG gets this message
Recognized Member

Geek Squad can usually repair for $150 (depending on your exact model) according to your described symptom.

1-800-GeekSquad (433-5778)  -Agent M

After calling Samsung, they sent a certified TV repair company out. It was the capasitors so the repair was FREE! =) However, it did take about a week and a half to get here and the tv continually got worse, but all is good now.

Recognized Member

Great! It's nice to hear the manufacturer stepped up to the plate to resolve your issue! For quick answers to future questions regarding home theater, TV or appliances, Ask The Experts: check us out at www.facebook.com/GeekSquadRecon or www.twitter.com/GeekSquadRecon for advise from the top 100 repair technicians in their fields!   -Agent M