Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Samsung LCD TV Clicks on and off repeatedly (lnt4671fx/xaa)

I have the same annoying problem.  Our TV was purchased in Nov. 2007.  My TV is being repaired for free by Samsung.  I followed these online instructions and called 1-800-SAMSUNG.  They were VERY nice and helpful. 

TV Clicks When Powered On Or Off

It is normal for the TV to click once or twice before powering on or powering off. However, if your TV clicks one or more times and operates abnormally, most likely your TV is malfunctioning.  Abnormal operation includes, but is not limited to, the following symptoms:

• Long time to power on
  • Doesn't power on
  • Powers off and on repeatedly
  • Powers off automatically

If your TV exhibits any of the symptoms listed above and clicks, your TV requires service. Please click the Online Service Request button below to begin the service process.

Important: If your TV is clicking and experiencing any of the above abnormal behavior, you may qualify for a free repair. To determine whether or not your TV qualifies, contact us at 1-800-SAMSUNG. Have your full model code and serial number ready.

The guy came to my house and fixed my TV.  He was here for less than 15 minutes, and he replaced all the capacitors.  My TV has been out of Warranty for 2 years.  The repair did not cost a thing!

That was great help... I just plugged into the wall and problem seems to have went away... Could this really only be a power strip issue?

Same clicking  problem. Called the Samsung 1-800 number and they fixed it for free. TV was out of warranty. I first used the live chat but they did not know anything about it.

FYI - brand spanking new one, 46", bought two weeks ago has this problem.  Northeastern US...  Back to the store, and bye bye Samsung.

55lna580 purchased from best buy with same problem. Called samsung and they sent tech. Problem not in capacitors but control board. $150 in parts ordered and still no tv. As a platinum member I am highly disappointed in the lack of quality products sold I vote with my checkbook and will continue to do so. Stay away from samsung. Lack of quality and don't stand behind product the question remains if best buy will be my preferred store. Get some backbone and leverage this supplier to step up to the plate for their customers. It should be embarrassing enough to have do-it yourselfers putting videos on YouTube just to fix them. Housewives yielding soldering guns and looking for 2000uf capacitors. Wake up really.

Where can I purchase thr replacement (2) power board capacitors. Thanks

Recognized Member

Model-- version# -- CAP locations           Cap values                Samsung part #'s

LNT4671FX/XAASQ01, SS02, SS03

CB850

10V 1000uFBN81-02018A
CM852,CM853                                 10V 2200uFBN81-03078A
CM876,CM880                                 25V 1000uFBN81-02020A

These can normally be resolved by a Geek Squad in-home tech for $150 total- caps are replaced with higher value upgrades. Please be aware & take caution as there is high voltage present inside TV and large caps which can hold quite a charge even after TV is off, manufacturer recommends servicing by trained service personnel. Informational purposes only. Power board complete:

BN44-00166C  BOARD, POWER SUPPLY

-Agent M

www.facebook.com/geeksquadrecon

www.twitter.com/geeksquadrecon

Apparently Samsung got a lot of bad capacitors.  What has probably happen is the capacitors on the power supply have blown.  I just fixed mine for 6 dollars.  If you can solder, you can fix it.  Capacitors are carried by radio shack and run about 1.5 each.  I was not comfortable soldering, so I took it apart and carried the board to a friend that works on electronics and he took to old ones out and put in the new ones.  Just put it back together and it works fine.

Recognized Member

http://bestbuy.partsearch.com/
Or by dialing 1-866-933-5552