Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Samsung LCD TV Clicks on and off repeatedly (lnt4671fx/xaa)

how did you find the part #'s for the capacitors? Are the numbers I need to order the part on the capacitor itsself?

Check out this link below, it's what I found when I started having problems and it helped me through the process.

http://www.earthinfo.org/samsung-tv-makes-a-strange-clicking-sound/comment-page-2/#comment-610

This is a very good tutorial on how to do it.  The pictures of the back of the tv are not going to be identical, but it will help you through the process.  The faulty capacitors may not look as bad as the ones in the picture, but there will be some degree of bulge in them.  I was almost ready to give up, but stayed the course and identified two that had a slight degree of bulge to them.  The worse they are, the easier it is to identify them.  To answer your question, there is no part number on the capacitor, but there is the necessary information on their size.

1. The capacitance measured in μF (micro farads) eg (1000μF)
  2. Voltage (eg 50V)
  3. Temperature (eg 105°C)

We have a service contract on our tv.  When we called, we were told that the Best Buy people that normally are sent out to do service are so booked up that it would take about three weeks for someone to come out.  They gave us the name of a repair place they were contracting with to pick up the slack and we were able to get someone to come out in two days.  This guy was great.........he brought a replacement lamp with him and asked us when we had the lamp replaced, which was only a few months before.  He took one look at the old lamp and said that it looked like it was in there for a long time, which indicates that a used lamp may have been put in.  Three lamps were replaced within a matter of months and it's hard to believe that the BB tech would have put in a used lamp, but when we saw it, I'd have to say that there was no way it could have looked so beat up in such a short period of time.  The tv has been working great and when the service contract is up, we will be calling the tv repair person that came out for service. Fortunately, the lamp was covered under the service contract with Best Buy.

One more thing.......the service guy said that Samsung is one of the best LCD tv's and that's the brand he always buys.  Looks like it may not be the product after all.

Add another sucker to the list.  Being myself.... I feel bad because I convinced my dad and my best friend to both by Samsung LCD's because I loved mine so much.  I just started experiencing the clicks recently and I have had my TV for about two years now.

Don't feel too bad.  It does have a great picture, but just doesn't last that long.  There are probably hundreds of thousands of people who have or will have this same problem.  Eventually word will get out to the general public and Samsung will be the one that suffers when people stop buying their product.  I'm suprised some attorney somewhere hasn't jumped on this for a class action lawsuit.  Please see the above posts for info on how you can correct the problem yourself and save hundreds on a tv repair service. 

Funny you should mention the class action lawsuit.  I just stumbled on to this link.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2182133/samsung_lcd_televisions_have_a_defect.html

That's a pretty accurate article.  A friend of mine who was lucky enough to have his TV fail under warranty, said that the tv repairman from Samsung said the same thing.  He apparently makes a pretty decent living replacing these parts for Samsung.

Here is a related article from the same author, which I'M sure you've seen, but is good for other doubters to read.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2028280/samsung_lcd_televisions_are_turning.html?cat=9

Well you can add another angry samsung customer, Mine started clicking this week, its the LNT4671FX. Ive had it about a year and a half.

Where can I order the capacitors does anyone know? Im going to try to fix it myself because Ive dealt with samsungs repair service for my samsung air conditioner that broke after about 2 months, HORRIBLE SERVICE, to this day my air conditioner is still broke and this was 2 summers ago. SO im going to try and fix my tv on my own. ANY ADVICE? I assuming its going to be the cappacitors, is that all I will Have to replcace to get it to stop clicking? What all do I need to fix it once I have it apart? Any pics or video willl really help because its my only tv so when I take it apart I dont want to have to wait forever to get the capacitors, or whatever else im going to need to fix it. ANy adivce? Thanks

There is a post above that I made that has a link with a lo t of the info you need to make the repair. I believe Newark and/or Illinois capacitors is where I bought mine online. They ship in about 3-4 days so the wait is minimal. I do suggest opening up the back of the TV and verifying the size of the capacitors to make sure you get the correct ones. See all of the post I've made for this subject and it should steer you in the right direction. I did it myself and saved a bunch of money. It's not rocket science but takes some common sense. you'll need to buy a solder iron and some solder in addition to make the repair. You can get that at R**** Shack if needed. The hardest part is identifying the bad capacitors. Look very closely and look for bulging tops. I almost gave up at first when the faulty capacitors weren't overly obvious. My wife actually pointed them out to me. Undo your tv and identify the capacitors and then orde them. Put the tv back together and it will work fine (ave the clicking and time it takes start) until the capacitors arrive. Then its pretty simple. It will take you an hour at the most and I'm being very conservative. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.