Add Product

Search Results:

Samsung 75" UHD 4K TV

Best Buy did a wonderful job installing my TV. Unfortunately, my hearing is not the best, so I purchased a SONY wireless headset to help out. At the back of the TV there were what looked like audio connections (one white and one red) so I plugges the headest in. Nothing came out at all on any of the 3 frequencies the unit has. I tried straight audio cables (white and red on both ends) and that didn't work either. So I'm left wondering how something seemingly easy has turned into something difficult. Can anyone help me please?

Valued Expert

Re: Samsung 75" UHD 4K TV

Could you specify which TV model and which Wireless head set model.

First a basic question and I am not trying to insult. Were the wireless headphones charged?

Second basic question did you turn the volume up and down on the head phones?

Regarding the back of the TV.  There may have been audio in as well as audio out.  Make sure you didn't plug into the audio in.

Another thought.  Sometimes the audio out on a TV are at a different power level then the TV speakers.  If you can find in the TV menu where you can adjust the sound there may be some options that you need to adjust.

Try turing the speakers off and then try the headphones and turn the volume up.  Or if there is an option for Audio OUT to make it FIXED try that.  I had a TV that I had hooked up to a home theater.  When i turned it on there was no sound coming out of my home theater unless I really cranked up the volume.  Thats when I discovered i needed to make the audio out as a fixed and turn off the TV speakers.

If you can post your model number I can look up the user manual and provide better steps to try.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

Re: Samsung 75" UHD 4K TV

Thank you for your prompt attention to my plight. I solved the problem myself by taking a picture with my phone of the jacks on the back of the TV which are hard to actuially see clearly given the limited space of the wall mount. And there I saw a pin plug audio out connection which worked perfectly. Again thank you for the quick turn around. You guys and gals are great!