Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Remote not working properly on Toshiba Fire TV.

Everything was working just fine this morning then something went wrong tonight. I can still turn on the TV, can change the volume, but i can't use the directional pad to select the app or anything on the menu. The shortcut button for netflix and stuff still work, i can use alexa to select the app but i still can't use the direction button to play anything. At first i thought the direction button is broken or something. But when i press the home button twice, it show a small sidebar with input, sound, video ..etc.., on that sidebar i can use the direction button just fine, i can move left,right,up,down, i can select normally, but aside from that sidebar, it doesn't work. I can't reset the TV because the setting is not on that sidebar. Now i have no idea what's wrong, the button is clearly not broken so there must be something else.

Highlighted

Re: Remote not working properly on Toshiba Fire TV.

I found that my remote hates rechargable batteries... the ring wont work after a day with rechargables in it. Tried several time to make sure it was the trouble.. It was...

Highlighted

@ThânNguyễnAnhHuy wrote:

Everything was working just fine this morning then something went wrong tonight. I can still turn on the TV, can change the volume, but i can't use the directional pad to select the app or anything on the menu. The shortcut button for netflix and stuff still work, i can use alexa to select the app but i still can't use the direction button to play anything. At first i thought the direction button is broken or something. But when i press the home button twice, it show a small sidebar with input, sound, video ..etc.., on that sidebar i can use the direction button just fine, i can move left,right,up,down, i can select normally, but aside from that sidebar, it doesn't work. I can't reset the TV because the setting is not on that sidebar. Now i have no idea what's wrong, the button is clearly not broken so there must be something else.

The same thing started with me today at noon, 06/18/2020    The direction button wont work.  I am guessing this is an update they may have made to the firmware today.  

Temporary fix, is to unplug and plug back in the tiv.  I hope they fix this because I cant see me doing this EVERY time.  Hopefully we will hear some feedback from Toshiba on this issue to confirm our update suspicions.  

Highlighted

It works normally now, have no idea what's wrong, it just work again overnight. 

Highlighted

Same here

Highlighted

Have been fighting the same trouble for a month... My tv updates itself automaticaly, and is up to date it says.. I finally put in regular batteries and took out the recharagable one.. No trouble for a week now..

Highlighted

@ThânNguyễnAnhHuy wrote:

It works normally now, have no idea what's wrong, it just work again overnight. 

Still working fine.  Went away overnight like yours did.  

Highlighted

If it does that again you can try holding select and play for about 5 seconds until tv says it’s restarting, once tv comes back on all buttons should work fine again. That’s what I just had to do to get mine working.