Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Prime Video, Can I get English Subtitle without CC?

I enjoy watching TV shows/Movie with English subtitle. Since English is not my 1st language, looking at the subtitle improve my spelling and I have a better idea on characters names.

But I hate Closed Caption (CC), it ruins the scenes with descriptions like "sigh, laughter, and women screaming" and most of the time, they don't seem inappropriate. Worst when the CC shows up before action take place on the screen.

I'm currently watching The Boys and would love to have English Subtitle only without CC.

[url=https://www.spanish55.com/blog/the-best-ways-to-learn-spanish-online][color=#333333]learn Spanish online[/color][/url]
Topics: 22
Kudos: 123
Solutions: 112

Re: Prime Video, Can I get English Subtitle without CC?

It probably has to do with the content itself. Personally speaking, some Netflix shows I watch have regular subtitles whereas others have closed captioning (with sound descriptions). I think it's up to the creator/publisher what kind of text appears on the screen, and there's generally nothing on the user end that can be done to change it aside from disabling the feature altogether.

I am a former Best Buy employee. While here to help, the opinions presented by me on this site do not represent the views or decisions of Best Buy and its affiliates. Authorized company representatives identified with -BBY after their names are able to address specific concerns or inquiries in greater detail.

Remember to Kudo a post if you like it, or Accept As Solution if it answers your query!