Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

OLED VS 4K

I read in order to truly perceive 4K TV, screen size must be 69" or bigger. Does this apply to OLEDs as well?
Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Re: OLED VS 4K

My apologies but I disagree with what you read. I think the issue may be more people with a smaller screen sitting to far away. I purchased a Samsung 50" 4k for my kids use and a 50" Insignia for my father and it is very obvious When the stores open back up someday yours may have a regular 4k next to an OLED, like my store does. I had been looking at a Sony 4k and I was blown away by the picture quality. Then the Sony OLED's hit the market and when the OLED was right next to the 4k with the same image the difference was noticeable
I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Highlighted

To really take advantage of 4K like you see the in the stores, the "source" needs to be 4K (streaming 4K, 4K blu-rays). This applies to all 4K tvs regardless of the lighting system (OLED/LED).

OLEDs will def give you better black levels and all around better picture (this may be subjective to each individual).

Highlighted

OLED has nothing to do with pixel density, all OLED does is allow black levels to be truely black, not a grey hogepoge because of the back light shining thru the pixels on and LCD, if you can preceive 4k all depends on viewing distince and tv size, but the TV's tech beyond that will have no effect on the 4k aspect, but it will produce a way nicer image with things like HDR