Add Product

Search Results:

Multiple issues with new TCL Roku TV?

Hi, I bought a 32 inch TCL Roku TV today at Best Buy, but I'm having issues getting it set up.

I have Directv, and for years I have it set up in a bedroom with a TV. This new TV is in my office, and I have the Directv signal ported over my in-house coax to serve this second TV on the same Directv receiver. I've been doing this for 20 years with no issues.

When I try to set up Directv with the new TV, it won't find the directv channels when I scan with the coax connected. It finds a number of over the air channels fine, even though I don't even have an antenna attached. Tried scanning 5 or 6 times.

My backup was to configure it like a VCR that requires channel 3 or 4. When I scan that way, it creates a channel 3 and channel 4. When I go to channel 4 with the coax connected to the TV, sometimes it says no signal, sometimes after about 30 seconds the Directv channel will come on, and sometime the directv channel appears right away. But while I can get a decent picture, the audio is VERY staticy and isn't watchable.

Tried connecting and reconnecting the Coax a number of times, as well as, to see if the connection was bad. No difference. Thought it might be the cable, but when I connect the coax to the old tv I was previously using in this room the audio is fine.

Anyone have any thoughts/ideas for me?

Topics: 1,527
Kudos: 745
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

Re: Multiple issues with new TCL Roku TV?

Do the Digital over the air channels come in just fine? It seems you may need to find a way to amplify the signal coming from that cord if that is the case.

Does DTV charge for a box for your home office? I used to have DirecTV and always had issues with the coax in the bedroom. Now that I moved, my husband and I got Xfinity and we're quite pleased with it. The wireless box does a good job of transmitting the signal from the main box to the bedroom , even if the door is closed.

Maybe this will be a next for you, to get a wireless signal transmitting solution. I know some karaoke hosts who use this for their shows to transmit signals without cords and it does a pretty good job.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Topics: 1,527
Kudos: 745
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

Re: Multiple issues with new TCL Roku TV?

One other possible quick fix is to get a HDMI ATSC Convertor box with analog pass through with HDMI and then plug in the coax in there and see if the reception is better. These boxes are cheap.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***