Add Product

Search Results:

Insignia TV

I just acquired an Insignia LED TV (hand-me-down). When it's been on for a while it develops a black rectangular shadow in the middle of the screen. Is it getting too warm? If the set is turned off and back on it goes away...briefly. And occasionally it'll go away for a while by itself. What's going on? Was I given a bum "gift"?

Topics: 292
Kudos: 171
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 81

Re: Insignia TV

A bum gift would not being given a TV at all. Smiley Happy

I'm not sure on the answer to that question. Anyone have any ideas?

s.gifI am a Bestbuy employee who volunteers on these boards on my own time. I am not paid for posting here, and you should understand that my opinions are exactly that - opinions. I do not represent Bestbuy in any way.
: Open Mailbox
Topics: 64
Kudos: 70
Solutions: 33

Does it happen when you have a blank screen as in maybe at the end of a movie with the credits rolling or it happens when your watching tv and there are colors shown in the background?  Bascially what is on the TV when this happens.

Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!

Doesn't matter what's being watched. It happened Sunday while we were watching football. It has happened when watching dvd's. Apparently "the shadow" isn't choosey about what it's interrupting.

Topics: 64
Kudos: 70
Solutions: 33

Ok then its not what I thought it was.  On 3 of my TV's when there is just a black screen  while watching cable I will see it but it is from the provider.  I am sorry I don't know what is causing your problem.

Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!

Thanks for your time. Maybe we'll just save up for a new tv.