Add Product

Search Results:

I have a TV antenna on my house since 1988. What TV has the capability to be used in this fashion?

Valued Expert

Re: I have a TV antenna on my house since 1988. What TV has the capability to be used in this fashio

Pretty much every TV has the capability to use an Antenna.

However, considering the age of your Antenna you may need to upgrade that as well.

My parents antenna was a bit older than that, circa 1978 or so. They could only get 5 or 6 channels and many of them fuzzy.  then they got a new antenna and now they get 26 channels all nice and clear.

Hight of the antenna above the ground plays a huge factor.

Also go to this web site

https://www.antennaweb.org/

and see what channels you can get from your location.  From my house I can only get 3 channels becuase there are hills between me and the broadcasters. A friend of mine 5 miles west can get 38 channels.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: I have a TV antenna on my house since 1988. What TV has the capability to be used in this fashio

Thoughts....

• if you have a TV now.... does the antenna work today?  Most stations are broadcasting HD.  Some rural locations may still be analog.
  • a signal amplifier can help
  • over time... buildings around you get taller and taller.  This will impact signal strength to your home.  It's one reason I went back to the cord.

I get many channels but I want to buy a new TV for my bedroom. My neighbor bought one and had to return it . He has cable. My TV is great I just want a brand and compatibility wiith the antenna.
Valued Expert

What size are you interested in?

The 48" Sony in the link below is a very nice TV

48" Sony 

This is a link for  48" Samsung that is on sale for a pretty good price right now

48" Samsung

When looking at the TV's on the web site if you look at the specifications there should be one

RF Antenna Input

If it is marked yes it can accept an antenna. 

This is a very good time to buy a new TV as Best Buy has some really great offers right now.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.