Add Product

Search Results:

Hook up

I recently bought an open box 32" LG TV I was going to hook it up to Roku and watch Hulu, but the salesgirl said to buy a wireless router and hook  it up thru my Wii.  She explained it, but I guess I'm dense Please correct errors in my thinking.  I hook the router to my computer,  The signal reaches the TV and Wii. I connect  the Wii and the tv.  Go to Hulu on the computer and watch it on TV.  Where do I stick in a DVD player?  Thanks in advance     Margie

Contributor

Re: Hook up

The Wii does not support Hulu.  Buy a Roku box as you had originally intended and connect it to your TV via HDMI cable.

Networking:

Purchase a wireless router and run the installation disc that it comes with on your computer.  Follow the steps and complete your router installation.  It will broadcast a wireless signal to your Roku which will allow you to stream Hulu to your TV.

If you like posts that I make, be sure to click on the star underneath my name. Thanks!

Thanks, Margie

Do you not have wireless capability through a cable company? If so it will automatically find the Roku once you hook it to your TV
Valued Expert

DWD has some good advice. I would take it one step further and use ethernet cable to connect your router to your Roku.  I just got a Roku and it can stream significantly faster via ethernet.

You don't need a really high end router.Netgear has some really decent ones for around $75.  You just want to make sure what you buy has the ability to hook it up with ethernet cables.  The person in the computer department at the store sould be able to get you exactly what you need.

I purchased my first router at BB some years ago and it was pretty painless to hook up.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.