Add Product

Search Results:

Geek Squad

I bought a large Sony tv. I connected it myself but things seems out of whack. For example I have to use 2 remotes. 1 for sound 1 for channels. Sound only comes through my audio receiver and not through the tv speakers.
My question, is geek Squad capable of doing a full connection install utilizing all the features of the tv including “IR Blaster” and also utilizing all the features of my Pioneer receiver?
I also have a U-verse set top box mixed into my connection.
Any information will help in my decision to give them a try
Valued Expert

Re: Geek Squad

did you connect the hdmi from the TV to the receive using the HDMI Arc connection?

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

HDMI 1 is connected. HDMI Arc is 3? Is that correct?
Valued Expert

The output will be labled with Arc

What exact model TV do you have

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

Sony Bravia 75” X900F
Valued Expert

Excellent choice of TV.

What model receiver do you have. Sorry should have asked that at the same time. 

Valued Expert

And HDMI 3 on your TV is the Arc 

Basically the only HDMI coming into your TV should be the Arc.  All other devices should input into your receiver.

You should be able to use the TV remote to adjust the volume and it will adjust it on the receiver. 

IF your receiver does not support Arc then it won't work

its a pioneer fromthe Magnolia series. i dont have any further info until i return home

Valued Expert

The back sides should all have similar lables etc.  If its a Magnolia reciever then I am betting it supports Arc

Make sure you have it going out from the ARC on the receiver.  

Capture.PNG

I would also suggest using a higher end cable.  There are some who say hdmi is hdmi but I do not attend to the theory.

Use a 4k certified HDMI cable from your receive to your TV.  (not the $10 variety, but you also don't need a $100 cable).  

You may, or may not, have to turn on HDMI in your TV settings. Not likely but possible 

awesome info will check it out
thank you thank you