Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Flat tv mount, no room for cables

I have a LE47le5400 led tv and ulta slim mount .  It looks great on the wall, problem is the HDMI cable dont allow the tv to sit flat on the wall, whats the solution, digging out the drywall at the exact same spot for where the cables exit the TV?

Thanks

Topics: 40
Kudos: 183
Solutions: 134

Re: Flat tv mount, no room for cables

You need HDMI Port Savers. They come in various angles such as 90 degree, 160 degree, Left Angle, Right Angle, and the even have adjustable ones that will bend to varying degrees. I would also suggest using flat HDMI cables. Just be aware of other inputs around the HDMI. My TV for instance has the Antenna input right below HDMI 1. So I would either have to use a 180 degree or a Right angle connector (left angle would block HDMI port 2). Some places even sell space saver cables that have either the angled end or adjustable ends.

Do I have to special order the 90 degree HDMI or are they usually available at best buy and radio shack etc, thanks for the help

I cant think of a time where I have seen the entire 90 degree cable in Best Buy. But then again I normally dont look at HDMI cables in stores. I have seen them in Target and Wal Mart stores before while browsing around. But Best Buy does have the adapters I was talking about:

90 Degree Adapter

Swivel Adapter

Thanks for all the help

Valued Contributor

Before buying the one in Best Buy for $30, you might want to do yourself a favor and check a site called monopride.  The same adapter is $2.99. 

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!

NNBD means Monoprice. Which is where i buy all my cables and connectors. It is a great site if you can wait a few days to receive them. Only time I will buy from store is when I am out of spares and really need one fast.
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Neihn. You are indeed correct.  My fingers moved faster than my mind....ha ha.

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Trusted Contributor

MP carries quite a few "niche" items you'll never be able to find in a BB.

I'm extremely impressed at the quality of their product - Their "premium" optical audio cables, for example, are VERY well designed and built (Better than anything I have seen in any brick-and-mortar store), and very well priced.

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.

You can get vesa mount spacers cylinderical spacers in general, it is much less expensive, they as well come in thousands of different sizes and angles.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AAS ET L3, Independant, no assoc., with Best Buy