Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Difference in Blu-Ray Player

I am getting ready to buy and Blu-Ray Player.  I have decided on a Pansonic.  Would someone please tell me the difference between the DMP-BD35 and the DMP-BD35K.  I have looked on the internet but have been unable to find any info.  Thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: Difference in Blu-Ray Player

The 35K sems to be the current model as the 35 is not on Panasonics web site. I do not know enough about blueray to be able to tell the differences. In looking at the specs they seem to be about the same. Cnet rated the 35 as a very good player. They seem to be about the same price wise. Which one do you like better? If you will go to Cnet and read their write up it may help you decide. Also go to panasonics web site and check out the specs on the 35K unit. Hope that helps some.

Bob

Trusted Contributor

I can't be sure, but this is consistent with Panasonic model number schemes for devices available in multiple case colors.

I am willing to bet that you'll find a BMP-BD35K with a black housing and a BMP-BD35S with a silver housing, similar to how I have a DMC-LX1K camera that is identical to the DMC-LX1S camera except mine has a black housing and the DMC-LX1S has a silver housing.

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.
Valued Contributor

The original post did not put a "s" behind the model number and you can find that 35 model all over the web except Panasonics web site. That is why I believe it is replaced by the 35K model. Most manufactorers use B and S for colors I thought. B of course is black and S is silver. I am talking audio/video components only.

Bob

Trusted Contributor

Panasonic uses "K", probably because they also have blue models of some of their products.

B = Blue

K = blacK

(Think CMYK colorspace, where K is black)

It may be that Panasonic puts the color suffix even on units currently manufactured in only one color.  For this reason, some vendors may strip the K from the model, even though they are the exact same unit.

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.
Valued Contributor

Cool, I learn something new everyday. I am not a owner of panasonic lately. I have had VCR'S and CD players by them along time ago and I think back then "B" was for black.

Bob

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Prior to the iMac color revolution it was pretty rare to see consumer electronics in anything other than black, silver, and maybe white.  Usually you wouldn't even get a choice of one of those, you took what the manufacturer chose for that model.

Now you see stuff in blue, green, pink, red, purple, etc.

------------------