Add Product

Search Results:

Connecting a Samsung blu ray player to wireless internet

I am having trouble connecting my Samsung blu ray player with built in wireless to my wireless network. I repeatedly get the message to unplug and replug the router which i have tried without success. I've tried all the methods for connecting according to the manual, any suggestions?

Recognized Member

Re: Connecting a Samsung blu ray player to wireless internet

Your router's firewall may not be allowing blu ray access. May need to refer to your router firewall settings to allow blu ray network access.
-Agent M
www.facebook.com/geeksquadrecon
www.twitter.com/geeksquadrecon

Thanks for your help,  I disabled the router firewall and it still won't connect. Is there anything else?!!

Recognized Member

What is the model # for your Blu Ray? How many devices are already connected to your network (include portable devices, printers, computers etc.)
-Agent M

It is a BD -D5700.

I have 2 computers (one is not used) and  2 laptops connected to the network. The laptops use the wireless connection with  help from a range extender.

Recognized Member

There is a recent firmware update for your model released 12-20-11, can be found here:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/bluray-players/BD-D5700/ZA
Directions for updating are here as well.
Make sure your router firmware is up to date (if available) as well. This my resolve your issue.
-Agent M

Thanks for your help, I upgraded, that went smoothly. Still no luck connecting. There is a strong signal so I know that is not the problem. Any other suggestions?!!

Valued Contributor

Do you have MAC Address filtering enabled?  Is the router using a form of encryption (WPA, WPA2, WEP) that is not supported by the player?

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Recognized Member

Agreed...not all encryption methods are always compatible, does the blu ray give any indication it is trying to connect? Does it even acknowledge the network is available (you should be able to see your network name at some point)? How far are you getting (or not getting Smiley Wink).
-Agent M

Thanks again but still no luck. I disabled the wireless mac filter and there is no encryption security. Any other ideas PLEASE!!!!!