Add Product

Search Results:

Contributor

Re: Black Friday TV Deals

This also looks like one of those Black Friday models. They probably don't have regular stock of these but they are designated for Black Friday. I highly doubt the TV will not be available when stores open, especially when tickets will be handed out for doorbusters. But the real question is, how good is the TV itself? I went with the Panasonic. I didn't 'need' the SMART/3D features but the reviews for this set and the discount were too good to pass up.

Thanks for the info.  I'll call them again, but I was told they had so many pre-Black Friday purchases from people that were worried about not being able to buy one on BF that they had completely sold out??  

Trusted Contributor

There's no way they sold out. If they did it would constitute as possible bait and switch and false advertising. These carry hefty fines and regulation.

My local store has 5 of them that they pulled from their inventory (literally not showing in the system) and will adjust the totals afterwards. This prevents people from coming in and going berserk cause they show inventory but won't sell it to them
Trusted Contributor

Granted I can't guaruntee anything but that is how my local store did it

does anyone know if sold out items online will be back in stock at midnight? i checked to see if it was available for pick up but it says its not.

Hi guys this is my first post on here...just had a few questions...First when doors open at 6 thursday night are we going to be able to order stuff online at the same price? I am looking at the Sharp 42" LED 1080p-120Hz which is suppose to drop to $300 come that thursday. Will I be able to order it online or will I have to go into the store and get it at that price? And second, which is a better buy for the price/specs/etc. The Sharp 42" LED 1080p-120Hz priced at $300 or a Vizio 37" 720p 60Hz LED which I think I was told would be priced around $260ish. What would be a better buy??? As an addition I wanted to be able to hook up my stereo speakers to the TV so a Audio Output would be awesome. Hope to hear from someone soon.

Trusted Contributor

The Black Fridays deals will be in store only. As for the TVs your asking about, both are pretty much garbage, but if I had to pick, I'd go with the Sharp.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclosure: Former BBY employee.
Trusted Contributor

If the store has it in their ad for Black Friday they will have at least 1 on hand to sell.  I know they try to have more.

A store may have ZERO listed in stock today even if they have it in back.  They just cannot make it available until Black Thanksgiving. 

If you really want the TV that will kick your doors down look at the Samsung Smart TV's on the TV and Home Theater pave of the ad are ones to look at.

I was in my local store a few weeks ago and the associate gave me a demo on how the TV converts 2D movies to 3D. They had Avatar running and if he had not told me I never would have figured it out

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Quick question guys. Been looking at a 40" Sony LED HDtv 1080p-60Hz for $450 and a 42" LG LED HDtv 1080p-60Hz for $400. Can't decide which one would be better. Any suggestions???? 

Topics: 40
Kudos: 183
Solutions: 134

I personally prefer LG over Sony. However oddly enough, Sony Bravia brand TV's the screens are now made by LG. Samsung used to make the screens for Sony but that was terminated in late 2011 early 2012 and now LG supplies Sony.